case study essays (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
is there any point in making pre-prepared essays, or would you recommend just having case studies for each of the main dot points in the syllabus?
our school doesn't give us case studies like some schools, so I'm kinda struggling
i would prefer to have some preprepared essays, but i feel there are too many types of questions they can ask.
would it be worth preparing an essay for the strategies aspect of each module? and maybe other common things like CSR and global + legal influences?
I honestly have no idea.
any suggestions?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I would not recommend making pre-prepared Section IV essays, the reason for which you have already mentioned. Section IV questions can be developed in so many ways, resulting in a wide array of questions to the point where it becomes unrealistic and extremely time-consuming to write and memorise a number of essays. Not only does this offer no guarantee that at least one of the Section IV options will be similar to one of your pre-prepared essays, but you are better off allocating the rest of your time towards preparing for the other sections.

On the other hand, thoroughly knowing the syllabus and being familiar with case studies that match each main syllabus dot point is a much more rational approach and would allow you to be more prepared for any one of the two Section IV questions that you end up attempting. Coupled with sufficient practice (which can be from both past trial and HSC exam papers), you will be able to maximise your preparations for Section IV (in terms of both writing at a high standard and doing so in a timely manner) and hopefully ensure the best possible result.

To address your need for case studies, you can do some of your own research, starting from the Notes & Resources section, and then from other online sources. These can include official business sources (e.g. websites and documents) as well as articles that discuss particular aspects of a business that might be relevant to each specific dot point for which you are seeking case study material.

I hope this helps! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)