Case Study: Tacitus (1 Viewer)

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
I was just wondering how many of you were doing the case study on Tacitus, and if you knew anything remotely useful for it :p

bonniejjj

HSC
I'm also studying Tacitus for the case study. What issues are you doing?
We're doing;
Issue 1 : The context of Tacitus and his purpose
Issue 2: The notion of the Principate
We're also studying another issue but we haven't started it yet.

If you need some good notes PM me with your email and i'll email them to you.

wick3d_aussie

I do Tacitus too... just finished my notes for my trial on monday! My teacher gave us this fat book of notes she typed up summarising all the historians who have commented on the annals. Im focusing on Context and Purpose, Characterisation of men and women, Notion of the Principate. It's pretty easy once you get into it... good luck!

Felixxx

HSC
Tacitus

I, too, am doing Tacitus. However, I'm not entirely sure about what the HSC markers want.

Firstly, is the ''Case Study'' Tacitus himself, or what Tacitus discusses, i.e. The Prinicipate?

If it is Tacitus himself, then should I be looking more at His contextual influences, reasons for His ''treatment'' of women in the text etc.?

At the moment, I've focussed on the theme of libertas and the issue of the Principate - both with little focus on Tacitus himself, but more on the concepts themselves.

I'd very much like to hear what you've been taught/told etc.

Thanks.

Divine

HSC
I do Tacitus, also.

I've always been told by my teacher, that although the Case study is Tacitus, you're supposed to be discussing and analysing historical thought and interpretation about him and his writing.

I'm focusing on Notion of the Principate, Tyranny v. Freedom and Characterisation, because they overlap so much.

However, I'm steadily finding that I have little evidence to back up my arguments, since I haven't read enough of The Annals.

And thoughts? Help would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)