Cash flow mgt. examples (1 Viewer)

clareh08

HSC
Would anyone be able to give me some real life examples of businesses that use the management strategies of: Distribution of payments, Discounts for early payments and Factoring? Thanks, i appreciate it :)

dylanbutcher

HSC
I would appreciate this too, if anyone has any specifics that would be great :)

Smooth Operator

HSC
So many businesses do this you could easily just assign a business name to one of these strategies and a marker would accept that as it's common practice, even make up a hypothetical one if you have to. E.g. T.W. Office Suppliers offers discounts to its clients for early payments in order to produce regular and sufficient cash flow to meet their operational requirements. Although the full amount of revenue may not be received, the advantage is receiving cash flow more frequently thus improving their accounts receivable turnover ratio. You know something along those lines..

Don't stress too hard about case studies because any 'gaps' you have can be filled in by hypothetical businesses IMO and a marker either wouldn't know or care as long as you show an understanding and refer to real and/or hypothetical businesses.

dylanbutcher

HSC
Yes, hypothetical businesses are definitely the way to go in the HSC as the marker doesn't really care, all they care about is you understanding the concept.

However, we currently have a hand-in assignment in which the question is:

Analyse, using real life examples, the strategies available for managing cash flow in a business.

Pretty silly question if you ask me.

Last edited:

Smooth Operator

HSC
Yes, hypothetical businesses are definitely the way to go in the HSC as the marker doesn't really care, all they care about is you understanding the concept.

However, we currently have a hand-in assignment in which the question is:

Analyse, using real life examples, the strategies available for managing cash flow in a business.

Pretty silly question if you ask me.
You could still just use the small business down the road per say. I'd do some google searches on some companies in regards to specific strategies. E.g. Company X using distribution of payments cash flow strategy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)