catcher in the rye... (1 Viewer)

brunx

HSC
I think he did. But they weren't as well received as Catcher in the Rye. Several short stories.. and a much primitive Catcher in the Rye, where the main character was called Phillip? I think i'm wrong on the name... but something like that...
he didnt write any other novels. just short stories/novellas

boganxcore

HSC
haha i had a fight with my extension english teacher over this book...i refused to read it - then dropped the subject because of it
why? you must be really *really* stupid if you drop a subject because you dont wanna read a book

I had to study it for our AOS in year 11 on alienation.

Holden is a phonie and always will be. I'm glad Salinger died about a week ago as he will never produce utter annoying crap like this ever again.
you're a fucking cunt

Gmac_0

HSC
Studied this book in year 10, good read, read it 3 or 4 times since, lot of the class (dumb kids, essentially, most of them weren't really able to understand it) didn't like it though. 10/10. Wish I'd done it in year 12 instead of the piece of crap that is 'In the lake of the woods' or Robert Drewe's average memoir (Which most people really hated).

Idd about the author being a recluse weirdo, however.

Last edited:

Vidhya

HSC
I have yet to read this one because I read The Perks of Being a Wallflower (loved it) which is supposedly similar to Catcher in ze Rye

musing

HSC
i liked this book so much better when i read it for the second time on my own (when i wasn't forced to read it)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)