Catholic Schools Trials - Dates? (1 Viewer)

Melody

HSC
N/A
Anyone know the dates for Catholic Schools Trials? ie timetable

Egghead

HSC
I thought it was internal, ie, your year co-ordinator or principal etc would sort it out and make the exams.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
they are internal, but they TRY and do them all around the same time, ours are beginning to mid august....Great! best 18th present ever!

Last edited:

Melody

HSC
N/A
i know mine begin on the 2nd of August. I'll have to find out from Curriculum Co-ord then.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Theres approx. 4 weeks (?? I might be getting the independent trials mixed up here) within which the papers have to be done... there is also a safety period after this 4 weeks in which papers cannot be given out to students. Most schools would be having their trials from week 2 onwards...as for a specific t/t, it does vary. Back in the day, all catholic trials were done at the same time (which after reading this, I now have a sneaking suspicion that this still happens)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
yeah im pretty sure the exams are hald on the same day in most places.
At our school we recieved a copy of the timetable for the trials at the begining of the year.

Melody

HSC
N/A
Thankyou very much Ragerunner. My mum has been at me for months to get the exact timetable.... :D

Winston

HSC
Good luck guys for your trials, i think i loved the trials the most... it was actually challenging and fun :)

Seabiscuit

HSC
What are the Catholic School trials? (And the million dollar* question.. are they only for catholic schools?)

*By answering this question, you aint getting any money!

Mike iE

HSC
The Trial papers set by the Catholic Secondary Schools Association. Apparently they are the hardest of all the trials set, but that could be just a rumour. I'm guessing only catholic schools would do them, but you never know

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
They are just tests your school can buy. like the independent trial tests. i don't THINK your school has to be Catholic to do them...

Melody

HSC
N/A
From what I know the Catholic Trials ARE the hardest.... But then again it could just be a rumour :p

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Gah if my school follows that timetable i won't be going out for my 18th :(

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Your school is -meant- to follow the guidelines for the dates provided by the CSSA.

If they choose to alter the date, they are still allowed, but chances are that a student will be smart enough to get a good reply from another friend who has already sat it about what is in the paper.

Also, god help you if the teacher follows the marking guideline for the CSSA paper for Physics/Chemistry.

In 2003, the answers were either wrong or the sample answer is not worth that band 6 they say it will get. If I recall correctly, at least 5 multiple choice questions in the Physics were wrong. And they provided 3 line answers to a 6 mark question....pathetic...

Anyways...good luck with your trials. The CSSA questions are indeed a very good practice test for the HSC. They provide really good questions that follow the format of the HSC.

Also, It would be greatly appreciated that when you receive your papers back to scan them and submit them to me or boredofstudies for other people to try.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
monday: eng
tues: sor1
wed: eng
thur: legal
fri: off
mon: maths (i just realised i had forgotten this exam damn you cro angle i hope you are happy *shakes fist*)
tues: off
wed: off
thur: geog
fri: modern
mon: ext hist.

stupid ext hist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)