CELLISTS Unite! (fine then.. Stringers unite.) (1 Viewer)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Okay, there's one for Saxamaphones, Drummers, Trumpets - but no strings. ABOUT time there was one for cellists and genral stringers.
Hmm..
I know there's a few of you out there,
SOOOO come here and tell us what you're playing and what you're doing with your musical 'life'. Hehe.

jjames-hall

HSC
guitars have strings :D
and you can play a guitar with a bow, jimmy page did it, although ruining the bow quite severely

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Guitar is, without a doubt, the most overrated instrument in the entire music world.

Also, one of my former best friends was a cellist. She went nutters after baring herself to Goetz at her final recital last year.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
o_O;; She did What???
Geotz is the nutter. Completley and utterly. He came and played in our Symph rehersal in the middle of the 2nds today. Strange guy.

Hmm, I have to agree. Guitars are kinda overrated, BUT for the first time the other week at concert prac, I enjoyed listening to a Tango done by a 1st year perf major guitarist. It was good!

jjames-hall

HSC
listen to leo kottke's 6 and 12 string guitar and come back and say that guitar is crap. 12 string guitar is the mini orchestra in itself.

if you are talking about pop mainstream rock guitar then i understand

AmenoKitarou

HSC
*waves arm around*
I'm a Cellist here~!!!! but piano is my main instrument >.>

bonnie04

HSC
violinist here. :)
i envy you guys, i've wanted to play the cello for ages.
i'm going to start next year though :p

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
wow, that's cool!!!!
Good luck for 5th grade. I remember that. It was a cool grade. (I think- not that I can remember what I played for it. hehehe. Heck, I can't remember a thing about it. xD) What are you playing?

Violinist. Awesomeness.
Hehehehe. The cello's obviously the better instrument bonnie xD hehehee.
Nah, well- it's cool that you're starting the cello! =) Good work.

AmenoKitarou

HSC
Since the HSC is pinning me down....I havent properly started leraninf exam pieces for 5th grade yet. Instead I'm playing 5th grade songs for fun with my teacher.

Right now I'm learning Swan Lake....teacher said it was kind of a 6th grade piece...but i said "meh why not~". It sounds SOOOOOOO damn good!!!

And when I'm as good as Cello as piano, I'm going to take up violin.
It looks like a really romantic instrument~ I wanna play all these nice things on the violin cello and piano for my furute girlfriend if I ever get one~ XD

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
HSC
Aww, that's really cute ^.^
hahahhaa.

Aww, the Swan. Yeah, everyone does that for 6th grade (or was it 7th)
Fun stuff. lol. Do enjoy that piece. I tell you, once you've played it and done it all well and your teacher has asked you to play it a million and one times, you'll want to tear your cello apart. xD

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Guitar is, without a doubt, the most overrated instrument in the entire music world.
I do hope that you're not referring to the classical guitar, my good sir.

phatic

HSC
I play viola... Love it so far, though it may send me deaf pretty soon x.x This and the loud 50 year old piano I practice on... Earmuffs are my friend. :p The only trouble is that I love the sound of viola too much, and wearing earmuffs deadens it. Grr.

Anyway, I've only been playing viola for a week or two, and piano on and off for 8-9 months. As for a musical 'life'... That's about the only 'life' I have. Hehe. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)