Celtx (program for screenwriting) (1 Viewer)

princesskt

HSC
Hey, just wondering if anyone has used this program before, is using this for their major work or what? Is it really helpful? What do you think of it?

Dave2007

HSC
I used it to write my first draft of my MW (i think i posted about it somewhere here...post probably faded into obscurity though in another thread).

I think its pretty good. The scripts look full professional, saves you alot of time than having to format it on MS Word, the character creation scrolls are really good, and the connectivity/sharing feature looks good although i havent used it.

Only problem with it is that I haven't figured out a way to readily email your script to people...

princesskt

HSC
cool, yea my supervisor suggested it, even though I'm doing short story. but its still good to help me build my characters in it and yea..

dchung

chungy
HSC
DEFINITeLY

is good. IT SAVES heaps of time in formatting, and it looks professional. HELPS organise everything aswell and its faster than doing it on word.

I agree that it is difficult to send to other people unless they have celtx. The only other way is to go to print, and then 'print' it to XPS file.... and then it saves it as a HTML thingo like a website and most people will be able to read it, BUT! it gets rid of all the formatting.

so you can just print it and mail it the old fashion way... australia post needs a helping hand

jimmayyy

HSC
princesskt said:
cool, yea my supervisor suggested it, even though I'm doing short story. but its still good to help me build my characters in it and yea..

this sounds interesting im going to look into it..its good for short stories you say?

cadylayne

HSC
I use it for my drama script. It's great - but I have no clue if I'm allowed to submit it like that because its not double spaced. Anyone know?

dchung

chungy
HSC
sorry i was young and foolish when i said something about printing to file..

to send it to people just click script > export script and u can save it as a text notepad file or a html either one people can read.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)