Census + repercussions of dropping a subject.. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey all :)

I realise that the census date is 31st March, which means that all subject changes have to been completed by then - correct?

I am interested in dropping a subject this sem but am worried about any cost or how it may look on my academic transcript. What will appear on my academic transcript? Seeing as I will only be doing 3 subjects this semster, I will have to do 5 next semester because I am a full-time student?

Thanks in advance for any advice. <3

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You won't necessarily have to do 5 subjects next semester if you drop a subject. You might find that one semester you'll just do one subject.

And natstar is right though, if you drop it before the census date it won't show up on your academic transcript and you don't have to pay for it.

klh

HSC
well Ive done so last semester, so i can fully show evidence that it will not show up on your trasncript [the one withthe marks].
The thing showed up on my 1st letter aobtu the fees and then later they send you the second letter abotu the units charged, so check that to see they charge you correctly as well, but employers dont see that. You have nothing to worry about really.

As a FT student, you should already know that doing 3 subjects and more = FT while 2 or less is PT; so if oyu get a centrelink benefit you still should be able to.
Abotu doing 5, this will depend if you want to gradaute in the 3 yr time period, as you have to make up time for it, or else you may have to do say an extra semester after your 3 years to complete the requirements to earn the Bachelor degree.

HSC
Thanks, I appreciate the advice and feedback. I just want to double check something - I don't need a Head of Units approval to drop a subject, do I?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You don't need the head of units approval to drop a subject, its generally only when adding a subject, that is late in semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)