Central station (1 Viewer)

Bob.

HSC
Just wondering how long does it take to walk from central station to the fisher library? Ive got a train that gives me about 15-20 minutes to walk it, is that long enough? otherwise i have to catch an earlier train and wait around for ages which im not too keen on doing.

tlodg

HSC
N/A
about 30 minutes

maybe you can make it in 20 minutes if you walk really fast but better not risk it

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Hmm about 20 minutes minimum and that would leave you in a bit of a rush. You could always take a bus which is about 90c from Railway Sq.

Bob.

HSC
yeah i got no idea with buses though id probably end up at unsw. looks like ill just have to wait around usyd by myself for a while. thanks for that.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
I think any bus heading southwards from Railway Square with a number in the high 430s will take you to Usyd. You might as well try it out, since it'll probably be raining a bit tomorrow anyway.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It took me twenty minutes at a brisk pace the last time I went there. The traffic lights around Victoria Park seem to hold one up quite a bit though. Redfern is a lot easier though...

Bob.

HSC
yeah i know about redfern being closer, the train im catching though isnt stopping at redfern. i might just hop on a bus and hope for the best.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Bob. said:
yeah i know about redfern being closer, the train im catching though isnt stopping at redfern. i might just hop on a bus and hope for the best.
yeah you want a bus if you've only got 15-20mins to walk there.
on a related note how long would you say the walk from redfern to the uni is? i've walked it before but i didn't take note of how long it takes. coz i start at 10am most mornings, the train i have to catch gets in at like 9:48. and unless my bus to the train station is miraculously fast i wont be able to catch an earlier train.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It took me ten minutes to walk there, at a semi-brisk pace.

What the hell train doesn't stop at Redfern, btw? Are you travelling intercity?

bustinjustin

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
yeah you want a bus if you've only got 15-20mins to walk there.
on a related note how long would you say the walk from redfern to the uni is? i've walked it before but i didn't take note of how long it takes. coz i start at 10am most mornings, the train i have to catch gets in at like 9:48. and unless my bus to the train station is miraculously fast i wont be able to catch an earlier train.
It officially takes 12 minutes to walk from the Redfern to the Quad (edit: i think, i stand corrected), longer if you amble &/or there's a crowd, but don't worry too much, tutes shouldn't start 'til 5 past the hour, so there's a buffer there.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:

thanks to u and bustinjustin :)

oh and not every train on some lines stop at redfern. i know some of the trains coming from richmond/going on that line don't.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:

Most of my trains (Blue Mountains line) don't stop at Redfern. The only ones that do are the peak-hour trains, which are a bit too early for most mountains people who have 10am starts. (If I did maths and had 8am starts, though, I'd be set.)

Grangern

HSC
Hi i just want to ask, do we only have to show our uni ID cards to get a discount for train and bus fares or do we have to apply to some other student's concession card? Thanks.

tennille

HSC
You just need to show your student card. It has a concession sticker (well, not really a sticker anymore) on it.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Grangern said:
Hi i just want to ask, do we only have to show our uni ID cards to get a discount for train and bus fares or do we have to apply to some other student's concession card? Thanks.
Yes you get concession rates anywhere anytime.

On the topic of walking, how on earth would it take 30 minutes from Central. I mean Central Station to Victoria Park shouldn't take that long unless you're carrying a pig on your back.

When I walk, it only takes me 10 minutes. :confused: I must be a fast walker and/or I have long legs.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Triangulum said:
Most of my trains (Blue Mountains line) don't stop at Redfern. The only ones that do are the peak-hour trains, which are a bit too early for most mountains people who have 10am starts. (If I did maths and had 8am starts, though, I'd be set.)
Blue Mountains is intercity, is it not? As far as I know, the only metro line that doesn't stop at Redfern is the East Hills one, as it goes through the airport instead (apart from during peak hours). It's a connector station, so I always thought that any train that goes through there stop there, like Central, Town Hall, Wolli Creek etc.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
just ask to go to footbrige, bus drive will tell u if they dun go past

i think 431 doesnt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)