Certificate II Information Technology (1 Viewer)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I was wondering if there are any job vacanies or employment opportunities that offer certificate II in information technology.

busterblues

04 Info Tech First in HSC
HSC
As an ex-IT student and owning my own IT business, I know pretty much what Certificate II IT means in the big wide world of IT to employers and that is, not a great deal!

Certificate II is designed as a friendly introduction to Information Technology and the course done through the schools/TAFEs is in relation to Software Applications with the addition of some general IT units as well as the generic VET units.

If you are looking for employment using Certificate II IT I would look at possibly an Office Administration Assistant of a larger organisation maybe. They are always looking for a handy low level IT person who can help with the odd Office problem or fix simple computer problems. These people are valuable in any organisation and often pays quite well for a job. Anything involving IT pays well if you have the expertise to back it up.

If you are looking for employment in an IT business, Cert II would not be enough. But possibly look at an apprenticeship as I know many businesses are taking on IT apprentices. Hospitals, city councils, banks, anywhere with an IT department really. That would be the best way to launch your career without going to University or seeking further study.

Employers although will preference people with Bachelor IT qualifications if the organisation deals with a lot of corporate clients which require high end systems and network engineering. And any certifications are a bonus, especially if an employer prides themselves on their Microsoft Certifications and Partnerships. MCDST is a great starting certification for IT students, and can be done with minimal course study if you know your way around XP. Be warned though it is expensive, and the books cost a heap! I recommend you read the books though :p. The MCDSTs also give you credit towards a MCSE if you want to continue your studies!

The fact is that computers in IT are a vital piece of office architecture and without working computers, in some organisations, the business fails to work, and loss of money and productivity. You need to prove to the employer that you are a trustworthy, reliable person as well as friendly and approachable and not just knowledgable. If you dont have the traits of an IT technician, knowledge wont get you too far.

Wish you the best of luck

busterblues

claireyyy

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know if you can drop i.t. but still get the certificate before you drop the subject?

I dont see why not if you can prove to a teacher or someone of importance that you have achieved all of the courses outcomes<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN> coz after all thts wat u were there 2 learn in the 1st place<!-- google_ad_section_end --></SPAN>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)