Challenge Questions (1 Viewer)

frostysnow

HSC
This part of my assignment is impossible. Please help me.

1. Identify a female Australian scientist who have contributed to the development of Sliver cells. (this is like an improved version of a normal solar cell)

2. Decribe how superconductors can be used for power transmission. Relate properties of superconductors to this application. Describe the advantages. (i know it minimise energy loss, since there is no resistance... but anything else?)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
frostysnow said:
This part of my assignment is impossible. Please help me.

1. Identify a female Australian scientist who have contributed to the development of Sliver cells. (this is like an improved version of a normal solar cell)

2. Decribe how superconductors can be used for power transmission. Relate properties of superconductors to this application. Describe the advantages. (i know it minimise energy loss, since there is no resistance... but anything else?)
1. Is out of the syllabus.

2. Remember that if a superconductor stays below criticial temperature, current can flow throughout it without any loss so electrical energy can be delivered and stored at the recipient's location and then retrieved locally (remember that resistance increases with distance).

undalay

HSC
1. Contact Australian national university and enquire, if you can't find anything on the web.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)