Champions League (1 Viewer)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Thought so, my bet is that man united wont be playing though. Has a team evwer won the champs league in their own city? I can't recall this happening, anyone remember/know of this happening. And I'm referring specifically to the Champions League in its current format here, not the UEFA cup or Euro Cup or Super Cup or whatever.....

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Originally posted by professor
yes! 3-0 Man Utd...Giggs u animal, love the man, damn to hell to those who blame him for his bad form!!!!!

P.S. Watch out for Real/Barcelona, they are back!
Thank the influenza virus that crippled a desperately unlucky Juventus at Old Trafford, 3-1 in that game was flattering to say the least

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
go you good thing.....c'mon Gunners

So the red devils and and Ac Milan have already qualified top of their groups. In these situations do you guys see any point in fieling a full or even half strength squad especially when the team has a game within 3-5 days.
Personally I think it's wise to put a second string team on the park, especially if it's away.

professor

Ferguson said that he will field a second team...May probably starts...Fletcher and Reicharson + Ricardo probably start as well...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm yeah i'd like to see how richardson and nardiello suit up for man utd on the big occasion.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
So they got the draw, that's preety good. I'm preety dissapointed that Arsenal could also only get a draw against Roma at home. It makes it hard for us for the final game in Valencia. But the fact that Roma can still make it through is kinda hilarious, since they lost their first 3 games. You got to love the Champions League.......

Go you Gunners........

professor

Roma is like Newcastle...losing their first 3 then somehow manage to get a few pts in the last few games hoping to make through from others mistakes...

muldersgun

HSC
Real beat AC Milan

woohoo!!!

Go Raul!!!! (....and ronaldo, figo, zidane, roberto carlos and the rest of the guys)

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Yeah, but Ac Milan are already through anyway as group winners, so it doesn't really matter if they lost that game or their next game, or by how much.

muldersgun

HSC
i'm just hoping Borussia Dortmund will get its ass kicked by AC Milan this week, thus supplying Real with a clean road to the next round.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
c'mon Gunners!!!

As if Real won't make it. they play Lokomotiv in Moscow, and even though it would really nice to see a home win here Real will not only make it through they'll do it in style winning like 3-0. I mean how embarrasing would it be for them, if they were to bow out of the tournament at this stage. They are definately hungry enough, and they will definately make it through, unless of course some horrid disatster occurs or the game is postponed or comp even cancelled due to the imminent war.

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
Go the Gunners

Real didn't win 3-0, but nonetheless they are predictably through. And I'm also quite happy that Juve is also through, albeit just! So at the moment out of the 5 teams through we have two Italians (Juve and AC), two Spanish (Real and Barca) and the poms are so far only represented my Man United (hopefully to be joined by the Gunners...........)

professor

Arsenal out...Wenger accused Valencia of spoiling tactics...worst excuse u can make as a manager....honestly
Inter are through with Ajax...3 Italians and 3 Spanish, 1 English and a Dutch

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
we'll still do the double

Unfortunately we are out, oh well. I actually lost a bit of money on that.
Wenger is a champion either way! He'll make amends next season! We were just heaps unlucky. Valencia were extremely lucky not to go down several goals in the first 15 minutes.
Now we've got to concentrate on the Premier League and the FA Cup. It's just quite ridiculous how some teams have to play like a game every 3 days for 4 weeks in a row. But I'm not going to complain any more......as I've said in an earlier post the Champs League has been quite good and unpredictable this year, and thats one of the most importnat things. Its great to see 3 Italian teams reach this stage when there weren't any last year. And Ajax have done heaps well. The teams that are through now look very similar to the teasm that were dominating in Euriope in the early 90's.

Go Arsenal! We still love you......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)