Chances of not getting in even if cut-off is achieved? (1 Viewer)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Sorry if this gets asked a lot or if the answer is fairly obvious,

I want to get into combined law at ANU. I know that its 2015 cut-off is 97, and if I achieved 98.10, is there a small chance that somehow I might not get a Main Round offer? I'm just nervous because I really want to get into the course, and my other preferences are so competitive that there would be a minimal chance I'd get into the other ones in the following rounds.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
How do you know what the 2015 cut-off is when the offers haven't been made yet? If it is a course that has a stated 'minimum' cut-off and you are above that cut-off then there is still a chance you won't get in. If the course has say 20 places and 20 people with a higher ATAR than yours, even though you are above the minimum they will accept then you won't get an offer because by the time UAC reaches your ATAR all places in that course will be full. If the course has places when they reach your ATAR then you will get in.

CTon

HSC
How do you know what the 2015 cut-off is when the offers haven't been made yet? If it is a course that has a stated 'minimum' cut-off and you are above that cut-off then there is still a chance you won't get in. If the course has say 20 places and 20 people with a higher ATAR than yours, even though you are above the minimum they will accept then you won't get an offer because by the time UAC reaches your ATAR all places in that course will be full. If the course has places when they reach your ATAR then you will get in.
ANU is not USYD, UNSW, UoM. The usual way cutoffs work doesn't apply. ANU usually releases their cutoffs for the following year around August/September.

If you got an ATAR above 97, you'll get into Law at ANU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)