Change light and offbeat news (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
did you read this thread? which is actually stickied in the LON section

Purpose of the subforum

The "Light and Offbeat News" forum does not necessitate "light-hearted" news. While the name may be deceiving, it was never intended for simply comical news stories. Simply because something is put in this forum does not mean that it is any less grievous. "Light" is used in the sense of a contrast with "heavy". Not in an emotional severity sense, but in the sense of importance in news discussion.

This forum is for less controversial, less news-worthy items. It was created so that people viewing the main forum could seek access to the primary news discussions without having to weed through the obscure and mundane.

This is not to say that those alternative or more common news items do not have a place in our forums - they do. That place is in Light & Offbeat News. This is not a non-school subforum and I have removed things from this area before, or moved them into non-school. One of the ways in which we try and keep this area credible is to require the linking of a news article for everything within Light & Offbeat News.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Thanks for bringing my attention to this, your.knee. In that case, how about non-mainstream news?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
bawd said:
And then perhaps it should be divided into Local, National and International sections?

Maybe that'd be too nitpicky. :mad1: Just my 2 cents.
I quite like this one, and add Philosophy.

Sorry Dan if I didn't reply to your thread. I'm not positive as to why.

I remember seeing this though

No, cause not all the news posted there is "Local"

I already outlined the answer

Quote:
change NCAP?

NCAP - N = CAP

N = News and Articles
CAP = Current Affairs, Issues and Politics

that works.
and the problem (I felt at the time) was that the "News and Articles" subforum, I felt needed more dividing, as it would only be L+O except with other articles that would potentially have more depth than the typical L+O thread.

Please do continue talking about the name change, as it is very likely at the moment. I have a problem with letting a very good Philosophy thread sit in L+O etc.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
No I don't think it needs its own subforum, as it would merely encourage religious discussion, whereas I don't feel its needed. Even at its current state, the same arguments appear in "different" religious threads. Unless you can further as to why you think it SHOULD have its own subforum.

I'd say they'd sit in Philosophy.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Aye, I think that most religion debates could sit happily within 'philosophy' subforum. You could always make a 'Philosophy and Religion' subforum, though I would worry about the further proliferation of troll threads about Islam.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Okay, I really like:

News and Articles
Current Affairs, Issues and Politics
Philosophy & Religion

However News and Articles might need its own subforum of that "quirky" shit that happens. To contain such articles such as "frog bites mans balls" etc.

How should we deal with those sorts of headlines?

I might make a thread in NCAP now to make this more on the agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)