Changes of syllabus since 2009 (1 Viewer)

Jockwr

HSC
Hi,

I'm trying to buy some books for my younger brother and was wondering what year of those study books (excel, dot point) are relevant to him for this year.

Looking for physics, chem, english, software design and development.

I have books from 2009 from when I finished HS but not sure if the syllabus has changed from any of these subjects.
I had a quick search online and couldn't see any changes since I did the HSC.

Can anyone confirm/deny if there hasn't been changes in these subjects? Would really help a lot.

Thanks,

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
I know for certain that chem hasn't changed since 2009. English changes texts every year though some will probably be the same, talk to your school about which texts he will study. I don't do software but there has definitely been massive technological advancements in software since 2009, just consult the syllabus and you'll find the answers to your question.

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi,

I'm trying to buy some books for my younger brother and was wondering what year of those study books (excel, dot point) are relevant to him for this year.

Looking for physics, chem, english, software design and development.

I have books from 2009 from when I finished HS but not sure if the syllabus has changed from any of these subjects.
I had a quick search online and couldn't see any changes since I did the HSC.

Can anyone confirm/deny if there hasn't been changes in these subjects? Would really help a lot.

Thanks,
Physics, Chem - Yes, syllabus is mostly the same, format of hsc exams changed slightly but content still relevant. 2001 or later; although 2010 or later is best because the amount of MC questions changed after 2009.
English - NO DEFINITELY NOT. 2015 or later would be relevant.
Software - maybe not, as far as I know the syllabus changed in 2011. So 2011 or later. I am not too familiar with this subject, so don't quote me on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)