Changing Related Text after trials (1 Viewer)

FootballHooligan

HSC
Hey guys!
I've just gotten my English Papers back and went pretty well, 81/105 (tied second in the cohort) which puts me between 2nd-5th for my actual rank.

Paper 2 was especially well done, 51/60 with three 17's for my essays.

However, my teacher made a comment on my Distinctively Visual essay saying that I should be looking to change my related because she feels it isn't strong enough to be sustained in the actual exam.

What do you guys think?

My set text is Henry Lawson and my related at the moment is the music video for Sinead O'Connors "Nothing Compares 2 U"

tigerian

HSC
N/A
If you read the FAQ on the BOSTES web site they talk about related texts . Students can pick what they like as long as the link is clear . There is no guideline as to strong link or not . If its good now its good in HSC . In my teaching experience I find that the students link to their related is strong because they understand the link between Dv and the related

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
If you don't want to change texts that's perfectly fine, just clarify with your teacher what she doesn't like about the extra text and see if you can fix that. If not, and you believe her comments then I guess change texts and see how it goes.

The marking criteria internally and externally for your essay could differ so I'd say trust the instincts of your teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)