changing sor2 to sor1 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

red802

HSC
N/A
i currently have 12units, but when i drop to 11units, whats the point of trying in studies of religion 1 unit, does it count towards ur UAI, if so, please explain

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
red802 said:
i currently have 12units, but when i drop to 11units, whats the point of trying in studies of religion 1 unit, does it count towards ur UAI, if so, please explain
Explain what? If you get a higher HSC mark then one of your other subjects, then yes half of it would count and the other half from the other subject.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Your best ten units of work will count towards your UAI.

So, if you try a bit and pull of top marks in SOR (cause its easy) and you have marks lower in another subject, your SOR marks will account for part of your UAI.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
SOR is really easy to go well in... i'm actually averaging 90%, my best subject, and it is almost definetly going to count in my uai

Mooseman

Forum Feral
HSC
and don't forget that even if you a doing crap in a subject, alot of poeple lift when it comes to the HSC exams. Go and get yourself a past papers book and use it heaps. It will be the best $20 you ever spent... promise :D

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
for the 1/2 yearly sor-1... the only study i did was to look at past papers... after basically memorising the multiple choice answers... i get 30/30 for multiple choice
and finish on 69/80... like top 15/90

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
pointless thread as the original poster is asking why they should even try in a HSC subject which means s/he really has no idea as to how the HSC works ie best 10 units, 2 units of English is compulsory etc
........and no, they are not asking because they dont know how it works but rather because they believe that:
1) SOR is pointless...not really that smart given that the extra 1 unit could be a life saver with some real effort
2) is over-estimating their ability in killing 10 units when they dont know how things will go on the day

My experience, it counts for all but 1 student/class in 11 years of doing the subject cause they dont try. Usually it is these students that take my money at Coles even though they left school years before

sorry...no sympathy for this type of ignorance

thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)