Changing Subject in yr 11 (1 Viewer)

tanuwidge

HSC
hi im new..i was jus wondering if it is possible 2 change 2 a new subject in yr 12 if u havent done it in yr 11..thx ^^

bored of sc

HSC
not sure - don't think so - cause in year 11 its all the basics of the year 12 course - except for the extension courses

actually - you can replace certain subjects (chem, physics, bio, earth and environment) with SENIOR SCIENCE i am pretty sure - like if chem is too hard, or you can't keep up in biology - that kind of thing

other than that - i am not too sure

HSC
bored of sc said:
not sure - don't think so - cause in year 11 its all the basics of the year 12 course - except for the extension courses

actually - you can replace certain subjects (chem, physics, bio, earth and environment) with SENIOR SCIENCE i am pretty sure - like if chem is too hard, or you can't keep up in biology - that kind of thing

other than that - i am not too sure
correct on both counts. a couple of kids in my year had to change to senior science from chemistry because the class was too big, but you can't pick anything up because you will have missed the foundation work and stuff.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Even if you could change, don't. You'll be way behind and trying to catch up.

dpospination

HSC
the Board of Studies mandates that to complete a Course in Year 12 (HSC), u mst have completed that course in year 11 (preliminary). there are however, some excpetions (4 unti maths, English, extenision languages and extension history), and also, u an drop extension course down to normal 2 unit courses. u can also drop 2 unit SOR to 1 unit SOR, and if u do a science (physics, bio, chem, or environmental scince, u can drop it and pick up Snior Science)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)