Changing Subjects Start of Year 11 (1 Viewer)

Varin9

HSC
I want to change physics, to business studies, i know business is less scaling then physics and am good at both but am way more passionate for business. Can i change subjects at the start of year 11. or do you think i should stick to physics and become heaps good at it

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, if you like business studies more, take it because it is far easier to go well in and achieve a high band 6.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't worry about the scaling. If you feel more passionate about business, do business. It depends on the school, but most will let you change in the early stages of year 11.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Do it or threaten them with BOS laws.
I'm sure if they had an interview with their curriculum coordinator they would be successful at changing the course. It literally only takes a few clicks to change it over and I know they wouldn't have signed their little form saying that from whence forth they understand that they cannot change courses throughout the year (unless they excessive units and can do so drop if they remain above 12).
There aren't exactly BOS laws, either; I've spoken with a liaison on the phone with my coordinator from this year, and it's sort of at the school's discretion (apart from the BOS cut-off date to have all the courses finalised).

Gigacube

HSC
If you're more passionate about business then switch to it because you'll make more of an effort learning about it rather than physics. You can usually change subjects at the start of year 11. At my school the cut off to change is usually week 5 but most people change within the first 2 weeks.

HSC
Uni Grad
It depends on your school I guess, my school let us change in the first few weeks of Year 11.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It will depend on the situation at your school. If the subjects are on the same line and there is a vacancy in Business then there shouldn't be a problem but if the Business class is full then you would have to go on a waiting list or something. If the subjects are on different lines then the situation may be more difficult as you might have to change other subjects as well.

b0redAsian

HSC
how bout posting this thread in the year 11 section little girl, this is class of 2010...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)