changing the creative writing stimulus (1 Viewer)

Rachael325

HSC
In creative writing section if we a quote to start or end our story with are we allowed to change it slightly? As in change the tense or change it from 1st person to third person etc. For example if the quote is "I wasnt ready for this journey" can u change it to "she wasnt ready for this journey". Or if the quote is "I walked through the door" can you change it to present tense: "i walk through the door"?

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Yes, of course you can.

In fact, in the past they haven't actually given us a quote to start or end the story, but rather a quote (or image) to use "as the basis for" our story or other form of writing. If this is the case you don't even have to directly include the quote.

sly fly

HSC
If it specifically says use the quote to start or end your story with then I don't think you should change it. Try and do it in a smart way though. Like if the quote was ''I wasn't ready for this journey'' and you want your story to be in third person then you could do something like ''I wasn't ready for this journey, she thought''. GL for tomorrow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)