Chapter One.........(Blank Pages).........The End (1 Viewer)

bitchymcbitch

Uni Bum
HSC
yeah my journal is pretty much non existant.. aside from a few drafts and research and stuff...

ive almost finished though... cept i dont have a fitting ending.. i wrote a shit load before year 12 started... i dunno it seems to stupid to me.. and it doesnt make sence. and im freaking out..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssssonicyouth

phonic booth
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Trigger189
55 pages? a whole journal??? 40 pages??

*curls into a corner and cries*

I'm so far behind...ok, ill stat tomorrow...LOL!!
my finished journal was shorter than that and i got 48

don't kill yourself dude

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by piratewolf
Apparently the markers, while they of course don't mark the journals, do give some consideration to the volume. A thin journal seems to indicate a certain thinness of thought, and vice-versa. At least, that's what our teacher said.

That having been said, my journal is very thin indeed.
absolute bullshit!!

each marker has 1 hour to mark a 4 unit major work, thus the limits placed upon us, and the journal is only ever used if there seems to be a 'problem' with the major work, such as plaigarism or some other thing.

The journal is your evidence to show what is yours what isnt basically. It has no bearing at ALL on your mark unless your major work is questioned

Serpentia

I use my journal to help me. It helps me track my thoughts and I have been told it's very useful when writing the report and reflection statement because if you've been dedicated in your entries, then the changes throughout the process of writing should be clear.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
hrm, you see, English/literature is a subject where you have to be ORIGINAL. That means you need an inspiration ( most of us do anyway ). That means that its not unheard of for people to not write anything for a couple of terms and then suddenly be inspired, write an awesome piece, get awesome marks. I;ve heard of this many times.

Take Coleridge's poem about "this lime tree bower, my prison". hehe, he got inspired by Opium, i think, but the thing is he was inspired. He didnt just one day decide to right it, if you read his notes he says he went into some sort of wierd trance, and composed most of it then. I think. :)

So no need to worry. I mean, don't get the attitude that: "it'll come to me, i just gotta be inspired". Thats wrong, and won't work. But like, keep it in mind, and actively look for inspiration. Sometimes you can have a brainstorming session and it all comes flowing out.

Or you can go to Port Macquarie, go on a cruise, and while watching the dolphins come up with the basic plot. Gee, i wonder who did that. ;)

Last edited:

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Originally posted by GuardiaN
hrm, you see, English/literature is a subject where you have to be ORIGINAL.

I dont think there is ever such a thing as an original idea. Everyone has somehow been influenced by certain texts or art etc that they've seen, thus they are using that text as a base for their work, and are just adding a diff spin of their own to it. All that shit about appropriation....we all borrow ideas and alter them to make something new. This is just the same as the repetion and recycling of the common themes in all stories...Boy meets Girl, rags to riches etc.
How can we be expected to be original in this year of 2004..... billions of years after the first ppl....all those greedy bastards b4 us most definatly would have stolen all the original ideas, and thought of them 1st. Damn them!!!

KarmaKitten

HSC
I agree with cleopatra
there is no such thing as an original idea, people are alwaus influenced by other ideas and this helps them make their own creation

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
absolute bullshit!!

each marker has 1 hour to mark a 4 unit major work, thus the limits placed upon us, and the journal is only ever used if there seems to be a 'problem' with the major work, such as plaigarism or some other thing.

The journal is your evidence to show what is yours what isnt basically. It has no bearing at ALL on your mark unless your major work is questioned
yeah thats true... if the markers want to see your journel they need to go through the head marker and fill something out. The journels and MW are seperated at the marking centre... they dont even see your journel unless they suspect the work is not yours... and for the trouble they have to go through.. i think many will just give you the credit if it looks like it.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Originally posted by Will_Sparky
yeah thats true... if the markers want to see your journel they need to go through the head marker and fill something out. The journels and MW are seperated at the marking centre... they dont even see your journel unless they suspect the work is not yours... and for the trouble they have to go through.. i think many will just give you the credit if it looks like it.
Really? Oh my gosh, I had no idea. Well i don't know whether that is a good thing or not...I mean I spend so much time doing work in my journal, and it seems kind of wasted. But then again I'd rather they just read my mw and put a mark and thats it.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
Really? Oh my gosh, I had no idea. Well i don't know whether that is a good thing or not...I mean I spend so much time doing work in my journal, and it seems kind of wasted. But then again I'd rather they just read my mw and put a mark and thats it.
Thats what I heard on a whole bunch of different occasions. Im 99.7% sure. :).. ill check when we go back though.. .just to satisfy that 0.3% :)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
I just read the syllabus, and the journals dont get marked I know that. They also don't get looked at, unless the marker suspects plaigarism.

But internally, I think the school can use the journals as an assessment.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Arent the journals examined prior to the viva voce? the teachers look at it, then ask you questions on it isnt?
So i suppose in a way, they do have an effect on your marks...

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Dunno about the other schools, but our Journals are pretty damn important for the internal mark, and thats 50% of 4u after all......

*looks at her measley 10 pages*
*looks at her 5 minutes of work*

ok, i promise to be good in future.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by Llyrai
Arent the journals examined prior to the viva voce? the teachers look at it, then ask you questions on it isnt?
So i suppose in a way, they do have an effect on your marks...
Ok, all schools are different, and at my school we have to hand in our journals in term 2. They are not marked and do not go towards any hsc marks (internal or external). My teacher just wants to see how we are going with our journals and to make sure we aren't neglecting them, because come time to hand them in, the journals should be detailed.

As for the viva voce, it's got nothing to do with the journals, though at my school the panel of teachers have a flick through it. The viva voce is mainly questions about your MW specifically.

But that's just my school. Every school is different :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)