Charatered Accountant-help! (1 Viewer)

prazo94

HSC
Hey guys,
I was just going through the accredited programs required for CA and for Macquarie uni
it says the accredited programs exist in the Bcomm(professional accounting) and Bcomm(professional accounting)/LLB degrees
I have a couple of doubts:
1. Will I still be eligible to do a CA if I just do a BEc degree(other Uni's such as UNSW or USYD have their Eco degree enlisted in the accredited program)?
2. Do we apply for practical experience through the Uni or through the institute itself?
3. And let's say if I don't get the ATAR do Bcomm(professional accounting)/LLB-what are the requirements to transfer into LLB?
4. Is it possible for me to do this CA if they do degrees such as Bachelor of applied finance/Bcomm(professional accounting)?

yeah so I was wondering if you guys can help me :)
thanks!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,
I was just going through the accredited programs required for CA and for Macquarie uni
it says the accredited programs exist in the Bcomm(professional accounting) and Bcomm(professional accounting)/LLB degrees
I have a couple of doubts:
1. Will I still be eligible to do a CA if I just do a BEc degree(other Uni's such as UNSW or USYD have their Eco degree enlisted in the accredited program)?
2. Do we apply for practical experience through the Uni or through the institute itself?
3. And let's say if I don't get the ATAR do Bcomm(professional accounting)/LLB-what are the requirements to transfer into LLB?
4. Is it possible for me to do this CA if they do degrees such as Bachelor of applied finance/Bcomm(professional accounting)?

yeah so I was wondering if you guys can help me :)
thanks!
1. If it isn't listed it's not accepted. You may get partial credits if you've completed the subjects though. Best to email the Institute yourself and ask them to confirm what they are willing to recognise. Keep in mind there's obviously some reason to how or why they allow some uni degrees and not others- i.e. it's to ensure you meet minimum base line assumed knowledge and hence only courses which are known to meet these requirements are accepted. It's not so much the name of the degree which matters.
2. Practical experience is your own work experience e.g. trainee/cadetship, internships, graduate roles.
3. Don't know this one- I think it varies by university so may need someone from Macquarie to answer.
4. See #1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)