Charging laptops (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi UNSW.

What chances, if any, would I get to charge a laptop at the uni? I have a fair few 2-3 hour breaks so I could just go to the library (I would be able to charge it there, right?) but I'm also curious if some tutorial or lecture rooms have power points. I'm trying to decide whether I should go for a netbook with a small screen and long battery life or go for something like a Macbook or laptop with a medium-length battery.

I recognise that this thread has doubtlessly come up many times before but to be frank I've been researching all sorts of things today and I'd rather someone who's been there and done that could just tell me. Thanks in advance.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
^ what she said. I regularly take my laptop (which has like 1.5hrs battery), and use the powerpoints in the library or random rooms.

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
Also, are they mostly close by? I.e. can I take my short power cable or will I have to take the long one?

I imagine it will be the former, but just making sure XD

haru

HSC
Sweet :). I haven't seen any in the lecture rooms, though, are there any under the seats or somewhere like that or am I at the mercy of my battery?
There are some in the Law Theatre.
Dont think theres any in Matthews & CLB

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
There are some in the Law Theatre.
Dont think theres any in Matthews & CLB
There are little in the law theatre outside of the law library. Due to the Law Faculty being tightarses with electricity costs.

ASB building however has more powerpoints than you could stick a fork in.

henry08

HSC
N/A
I was in the law lecture theatre today and it is the nicest one I have seen so far. Some rows of seats had powerpoints under them. There also seems to be hundreads of powerpoints in the library for laptops.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
fuck the law building and their bullshit funding

whats the go with engineering buildings!

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
fuck the law building and their bullshit funding

whats the go with engineering buildings!
Pretty sure I saw of video of the Dean saying the next development that will take place will be the Civil Engineering Building. Good news for you! =]

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Pretty sure I saw of video of the Dean saying the next development that will take place will be the Civil Engineering Building. Good news for you! =]
hahah our civil building is so lol.

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
pretty sure i saw of video of the dean saying the next development that will take place will be the civil engineering building. Good news for you! =]
winrar for tommykins

dawdlex3

HSC
Go the main library, there are like hundreds of powerpoints there.
And seats too (you can sit on the floor if all seats are full but powerpoints are surely available).

Aspid

HSC
Go the main library, there are like hundreds of powerpoints there.
And seats too (you can sit on the floor if all seats are full but powerpoints are surely available).
the amount of powerpoints in the library is rediculous , anyone who says there are no PPs hasn't gone up to floor 2/3/4/5

InterNut

HSC
A better question'd be if it's worth getting a laptop, imho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)