Charles Sturt Wagga Wagga - Students of 2010 (1 Viewer)

newestkid

HSC
Since there's a thread specific to Bathurst students I thought I'd start one for anybody going to CSU Wagga next year. Post your degree and where you'll be living.

I'm goning to be doing BA TV Production and will be staying at Butler Hall. No specific reason why I chose Butler Hall other than the fact they're catered (really can't cook anything well that's not Mi Goreng) and the fact it had the most rooms of the catered halls.

Really excited to start my degree in a few weeks, weeks which cannot pass quickly enough.

So who's going to CSU Wagga next year?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
i will going to csu regularly to crash your pa8ties and take your women
i will be studying B. Madcunt
i will be staying in cottages probs

kaaronlf

HSC
I'm going to be doing B. pharm. Still searching the off campus accomodation...because my brother found a job there so that I can't stay on campus any more ...have to stay with him...that's sucks..

any suggestiong for the off campus accomodation for two ? heh

ttlams

HSC
I'm going to be doing B. pharm. Still searching the off campus accomodation...because my brother found a job there so that I can't stay on campus any more ...have to stay with him...that's sucks..

any suggestiong for the off campus accomodation for two ? heh
It seems that off campus is less expensive than living on campus. However,

you have to pay for the transports and bills. Whatever, you are so lucky to be

living with your brother... Good luck !!

I choose to stay in campus instead because of convenience and security. By

the way, when will you go to australia ? One more girl from H.K. will join

you in this semester I think. Ha..Ha... !!

Toasterbot

HSC
Yeah I got a offer yesterday for Bachelor of Arts (Animation and Visual Effects) in Wagga Wagga. Most likely going to accept it, however I live 5 hours away so I'll have to move onto campus. So I have to apply for accomodation, anyone know what sort of differences there are between Stewards Halls and Butler Halls?

newestkid

HSC
Great! Definitely make the move. I will be. I live about 6 hours away. I don't know much about the halls as such but from what I've read on these forums and CSU's website Stewards is newer and has A/C, which some say is a good thing whilst others say is a bad thing. Personally I'd prefer A/C. Summer here is killing me and I'm sure it's worse in Wagga. Other than that I think they're pretty similar. Oh yeah I read Butler has verandas.

Which hall were you thinking of placing as your first preference?

Toasterbot

HSC
Awesome!
Ah okay sounds good, yeah I'd prefer to have A/C too, summer is killing me also ):
I'm thinking about putting down Stewards Halls as first, then Butlers. Also this maybe a dumb question, but does anyone know if we will be using shared bathrooms or what?

~kc~

HSC
hey
i got into Bachelor of Equine Science and staying in Cottages
can't wait till we start!!!
looking for any1 else who got into equine science/is taking their horse down???

ktonk

HSC
im also doing B.Pharm at wagga :)
i am living on campus in new residences.

Lamoo

Renegade Onion
HSC
Newestkid: welcome to the crazy world that is TV land. watch out for the loonies in the red shirts during oweek.

I'm going into third year BA design for theatre and tv and I lived in the cottages for the last two years (town this year), but have friends who have lived in Butler and Stewards. Stewards is by far a better building, but the con is that you have to move your stuff out every holidays so a stranger can come and live in your room for a month (res students.) if this doesnt worry you, Stewards is the way to go. Butler however, is pretty cool. From what I've seen it's a lot more social than Stewards, but it always depends what sort of people you get. In winter though, the walk from bedroom to bathroom in Butler (as well as east and west halls) is freezing, because your room door opens straight out onto a veranda, not a closed in hallway. so it's a bit chilly. But from all accounts, living there is fun.

advice to kids in catered: learn to cook. dining hall food isnt good.

enjoy oweek guys!

T

tigermilk

Hi Lamoo,

Just a question about O-Week; according to the orientation schedule for the Monday, 22nd of Feb room allocation commences at 9am and finishes at 12pm. Now my countrylink train is going to get there at 1:54pm(!!!). Could I just sort out room allocation later on in the day? Or should I just drag myself to Wagga the day before and camp out at some motel until orientation begins the next day?

Thanks in advance!

rx34

HSC
I think you should leave for uni the day before. Dont miss orientation unless you have to.

T

tigermilk

Thanks rx34.

Does anyone know which public transport we can take to get from Wagga Wagga train station to the Wagga Wagga campus, keeping in mind all the stuff we're going to have to lug there? Or is it just better to grab a taxi?

Hannargh

HSC
Thanks rx34.

Does anyone know which public transport we can take to get from Wagga Wagga train station to the Wagga Wagga campus, keeping in mind all the stuff we're going to have to lug there? Or is it just better to grab a taxi?

I sent you a P.M, and also, try avoiding taxis, unless you have plenty of cash on you.

Hannargh

HSC
I'm doing Photograhpy this year, really looking forward to it.
I fortunately live only 900ms from Joyes Hall, so I have accomodation fixed.

newestkid

HSC
Has anyone got an email in their CSU eBox about their accommodation yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)