Cheap cruises or dodgy website? (1 Viewer)

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I've found this website with great prices for cruises..but they seem a bit TOO good to be true..
Do you guys think it's a bit dodgy, or just needs a bit of a makeover?
It advertises stuff so much cheaper than travel agents, but I don't want to donate all my holiday savings to a scam..

http://ozcruising.com.au/

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
did you see titanic? especially the part where the poor irish are stuck in the bottom decks, and when the boat floods they close the doors and let them drown?

yeah. this is what that is. cheap is great, enjoy yr holiday looking out a port hole!

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
Nope, it's not a scam.

Ozcruising Pty Ltd ATF Global Trust Trading As: Ozcruising ABN or ACN: 123529555Address: 5 / 7 Altree Court PHILLIP ACT 2606License: 18800618

http://www.tcf.org.au

They're a licenced travel agent. :shy:

Captian

Banned
HSC
N/A
This looks like the next ploy from the same guys who set up a website scamming individuals with non-existant Olympic tickets?

Evilo

HSC
have a look on google, and click street view - its upstairs to a sewing store, seems a lil dodge. If i lived in phillip i'd go and have a look, but i dont.

Note: Becoming a licensed travel agent isn't that hard, all you need to do is pay an annual and registration fee.

If you really want to know for sure, go on the website for the ship (i think it was celled millenium x or something) then look for liscenced resellers etc.

Ozcruising

HSC
N/A
Yes I can confirm we are legitimate Australian Travel Agent. You have a number of ways to confirm this.
1. Please call and ask the ACT Department of Fair Trading (Canberra) at www.fairtrading.act.gov.au or (02) 6207 0400
2. Please call and ask P&O/Princess Cruises on 132469
3. Visit the Travel Compensation Fund (Federal Government Licensing) at www.tcf.org.au
4. Visit the International Cruise Council of Australasia at www.cruising.org.au (Our Postcode is 2606)

Because we are a licenced Travel Agent your money is guaranteed by the Travel Compensation Fund.

It is not easy to become a travel agent in Australia. These are some of the steps you must under take to become an agent.

1. You must pass the financial requirements of the TCF. (You cannot get a licence if you don’t meet their requirements)
2. ACT Government requires Police Check/ Character of every Director of the company
3. To obtain a licence you must have a minimum of 2 years working as A Travel Agent and have completed the required IATA/AFTA Courses
4. The TCF undertakes Annual Audits of every Travel Agent in Australia.
5. The Banks require a large amount of security of obtain a Merchant Facility to process Credit Cards. (For Every $4 Million in credit card sales they around require $500K in Security

Because will are a internet call centre we do not require a shop front. This is why we have located the business in Phillip. This is a lot cheaper location than my Westfield Belconnen Shop which now charge me well over $100k a year in rent with a tenth of the space.

If you would like some travel industry references please Call Harvey World Travel (Belconnen) on 02 62531600 or Harvey World Travel (Tuggeranong) on 0262934311.

Ozcruising is a family owned business which also currently runs the two Harvey World Travel franchisees. Ozcruising is an elite Partner of P&O and Princess Cruises and we in the top agents in Australia for them. This gives us access to cheap rates on some cruises.

We also provide up to 7 days no obligation to pay for your cruise. During this time I do recommend that you contact P&O/ Princess or Discover the World Marketing (Royal Caribbean / Celebrity Cruises). They will be able to confirm your reservation on the cruise you select. This way you have piece of mind before you pay any money.

I hope this answers any questions/concerns you may have.

Craig Chisholm
Director
Ozcruising Pty Ltd
If you have any questions please feel free to email us at sales@ozcruising.com.au or call us on (02) 6202 1800

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)