Cheap food (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
thats right ladies and gents

due to petrol prices, and cost of hiring hookers ever on the rise, I am force to cut my spendings on lunch

apart from the "pack your own lunch" response, I wanted to see what kind of food you guys buy around MQ Uni/Center.

So post away, because lately I've been eating a lot of McDonalds, and I don't mind having a bit of a change.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
you cant go wrong with KFC
EVER
<3 for it

and make use of those awesome coupons you get in the mail
ive got a huge sheet of kfc coupons and im lovin it

^___^
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
you cant go wrong with KFC
EVER
<3 for it

and make use of those awesome coupons you get in the mail
ive got a huge sheet of kfc coupons and im lovin it
yeah, start of the year i had stacks of those "buy one pizza get one free" coupons, hahaha..i used them all up..oh how i <3 you dominos

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
oh and i got a booklet of hungry jacks coupons in the mail too
their pretty awesome
or if it comes down to it and ur on a tight budget and want the most food
i say u use the 5.95 pizza hut coupons
bargain

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i can't think of anything cheap. maybe you could find something in woolies. all the food at mac centre and our food court is expensive.

to answer your question, i generally bring food, so when i buy it i don't really care how much it costs. i probably buy an even amount of everything.

the pides from that turkish place aren't that expensive.

^___^
HSC
sukiyaki said:
What kinda budget are you looking at?
i'm willing to fork out 10bucks a meal
thats a fair bit considering a 15yo working at kfc gets paid like..5.20an hr? :p

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
i say u go for my choices
u'd still have change from $10
awesome mate truly awesome

^___^
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
i say u go for my choices
u'd still have change from $10
awesome mate truly awesome
but i can't eat kfc 5days a wk, dude..i used to work there!!! (though not in the MQ centre store)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh 10 bucks? you can get an ok meal with that anywhere. plate of asian or thai food is probably that much, a chicken schnitzel sandwich, footlong subway, oportos, plate of italian food.
the spuds and crepes are nice but probably not value for money.

^___^
HSC
well,
shoot me, but I'm not a fan of Opoto
i'm fine with subway, but its not something I can have wk in wk out, let alone day in day out :p
I'm not a fan of the chinese take away..i've had worst/better with the same deal..and besides, i can eat chinese at home :p (*hint hint ;))
i had the schnitzel today, quite nice...

CieL

HSC
Well.. last time I split a wrap with my friend (the sandwich place in SAM)..... two chunky ones for $6... so we went halvies.... $3 filled me up quite a bit..... only bad thing is: It tastes like poo

^___^
HSC
CieL said:
Well.. last time I split a wrap with my friend (the sandwich place in SAM)..... two chunky ones for $6... so we went halvies.... $3 filled me up quite a bit..... only bad thing is: It tastes like poo
ever since they took off the chicken schnitzel dish up in the cafe, I have lost faith in humanity...
the only time i'll waste money within MQ uni would probably be
- newsagent for random cold drinks and magazine
- coffee cart

CieL

HSC
I don't mind the cheese and ham sandwich in SAM... although I have no idea how long it's been there it tastes alright for around $3

Plus I dont want to dine long term on fast food.. although I should since my metabolism is so inefficient... I eat alot, then 10mins later my tummy starts rumbling

^___^
HSC
CieL said:
I don't mind the cheese and ham sandwich in SAM... although I have no idea how long it's been there it tastes alright for around $3

Plus I dont want to dine long term on fast food.. although I should since my metabolism is so inefficient... I eat alot, then 10mins later my tummy starts rumbling
yes yes, i know that feeling
i remember having a large double quarter pounder meal + 6 pack chicken nuggets..walked out of maccas feeling full, then 30minutes later in tute, my tummy was rumbling loudly..

not cool

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
CieL said:

Ciel! thats an indication that your metabolism is great!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)