CHEAPEST way to get textbooks (1 Viewer)

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Hola amigos,

I just went searching through the text-lists for Business on the Co-Op website and nearly had a heart attack at the prices. Does anyone know how we can reduce the price of uni textbooks? If it comes to it, I will probably end up buying second-hand or something but for once in my life I'd like the thrill of new textbooks.

Just once.

Is it true that if you buy bulk at Co-Op they give you a discount or something? I know membership reduces the price but is there some other ways to get a discount?

efhat

HSC
Trust me second hand is the way to go.

I got all my textbooks last year off the above site for less than half price and all were practically new.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
Trust me second hand is the way to go.

I got all my textbooks last year off the above site for less than half price and all were practically new.

all my subjects have new text from last year or the editions have changed.

u mayaswell buy NEW then sell them secondhand.

regain about 60% of original cost

Strawbaby

General Store
HSC
The library.
No shit. A friend of mine doesn't buy any books, just borrows them constantly from the reserved section, does her reading, takes her notes, photocopies the important parts to keep in a folder and barely pays anything for it.
Now THAT is the cheapest way.

konkzz

HSC
You reckon I can get textbooks from my local library ?

LordPc

HSC
You reckon I can get textbooks from my local library ?
highly doubtful

local libraries arent aiming to attract university students cause the kind of books university students need are very expensive and there are about a gizillion different books for each subject

hotdimsim

HSC
2nd hand. Ask the lecturer if the new edition is actually needed. Before you jump out and buy the books though, see if you can get by with getting them from the uni library and just photocopying. works for me

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I buddied up to someone doing the same degree as me, but 2 years ahead. He lends me his textbooks. For those I actually need to buy, I use Textbook Exchange.

haylz234

HSC
got all mine off ebay. best thing i did, saved myself nearly three hundred dollars, and theyre perfect condition.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
borrow books from library and keep renewing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)