cheated in a HSC exam??

• Yes!

Votes: 51 11.9%
  • No!

Votes: 378 88.1%

• Total voters

a_person86

HSC
I was once naive like you, we live in society so in the end we must compete. Sure i have my morals, but cheating as become a part of life, it doesnt make me weak, it makes me competitive. I dont believe in Kharma, whatever occurs in life isnt a result of my actions, it wouldve occured anyway... We all have different perspectives, thats mine... no need to foul language there mate :)

Last edited:

golferjim

HSC
Whatever, i'm sure you are the type that think that life is all about getting a high paying job, and doing whatever they need (cheating/lying/backstabbing included) to get to the top of a superficial "high class". I can assure you that this is not what makes a person happy, and to use cheating to get to this position will bring further unhappiness.

a_person86

HSC
Like i said golferjim, we all have our own perspectives. I would like a high paying job, cause essentially money buys needs and wants. Although you disagree, I believe that money can buy me alot of happiness. Like i said we all have our own perspectives.

Accusing me of lieing is quite offensive, jeez im practically the only guy here that can "honestly" discuss this subject of cheating. Another thing, i dont backstab people, you like taking things our of proportions, cheating is completely different to backstabbing!

sjambok

HSC
It's fun to think of all the creative ways you can cheat.

But it's something I'll always talk about and never do :)

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
a_person your right on the money and ill back ya 100%. If cheating is what people need to get a high UAI, they will do it. There are a lot of people on here who I am sure cheat but they won't come forward because they want to hide their identity. You all know how easy it would be to cheat, you don't need to hide jack in the bathroom just put it in ur pocket and dish off to the bathroom. I sit in the hall and i see people going 2 or 3 times an exam, its very suss to say the least.

you clowns who go on about how you are only cheating yourselfs bla bla bla i think its about time you woke up and smelt the roses. Good on you, you got 100% for being honest. Some people won't be possessed by morals if it will contributed to a UAI of 95+

a_person86

HSC
Thanks for the support mygOt!

Another thing i would also say, people talking about never cheating cause your cheating yourself, etc. Talk is cheap, in one way or another everyone has cheated in something!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
a_person, i dont believe in competition for money. By cheating and screwing the system in order to win. To fuck up other people's life for fiscal gain. That, I don't believe is justified.
However, the reason i considered cheating was to get into the course I wanted to do at uni, and because it was a risk. As well as to make up for my stupdity of not studying (and the time i cheated for a bio exam was mostly because we had our actual drama hsc performances, not allowing me to study).
IF I had the motivation to study a lot for an exam, I wouldnt cheat.
I considered cheating for english or english extension, but knew that I prepared enough for them. If i had a mind blank, then let it be. I would have done as well as i could.
This happened during the english extension exam, however I feel no regrets for not cheating. I rather got my way out of the situation by changing some things around in the essays and focussing on others. It could have been better, but id tried.

The HSC is something else thats different to trials. You wouldnt want to ruin Timmy's (from the foster home) christmas by displacing him of .05 UAI needed to do a course.

a_person86

HSC
You just said "dont believe in competition for money. By cheating and screwing the system in order to win. To fuck up other people's life for fiscal gain. That, I don't believe is justified."

Then contradicted your statement with "the reason i considered cheating was to get into the course I wanted to do at uni"

You just cheated and screwed the HSC system over by cheating in bio, it fucks other people up as they are competiting against you (within your school due to ranking), you gain entrance to university and they may not due to this. You justified it, reinforcing my point its a dog eat dog world. Remember whatever you do, someone is doing worse! The HSC in the end is a competition, especially when relating to the UAI, where they rank you in the state...

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah good point. I'm just not very money minded guess :p it is a very dog eat dog world. I personally think some private and selective schools wouldnt mind too much if their school cheated in order to maximise rankings

olay

HSC
i completely agree with golferjim, and it actually makes me a bit angry to think that ppl have no qualms with cheating in something like the hsc. sure, the reality is people cheat all the time. i acknowledge and accept that. but, like golferjim said - it's taking the easy way out, and it's piss weak. what's more, it is blatantly disrespecting the people that work hard to get where they want to be. it's not about dignity. it's about justice.

and to those of you who are saying people that wouldn't cheat aren't being honest about the subject - i think everyone that has posted (both ppl who would and wouldn't cheat) has been completely honest. it's just a matter of opinion. accept it.

Spiked_Phate

overloaded student
HSC
id just like to add my thoughts, which are about the same as a few here.

if your cheating, it means your making up for something that you dont have (and most likley dont deserve) doesnt it?

if you had actually DONE the work, and done it well, you wouldnt have to cheat. that way everyone wins, people get what they deserve, be it a shit mark, or a good one.

cheating is the easy way out, and you will find that if you depend on it to get you through, then later in life, when you cant cheat to get what you want, you will fk up....and end up thinking how easy it would have been to avoid, al those years ago

plus you deprive the poor sole who actually got of his arse, worked, (and would have beaten you, had it not been for your selfishness) :vcross:

G

Gavvvvvin

Yes dont forget you cheaters, when someone lies, someone loses.

cowsushi

HSC
N/A
isnt half the thing when u finished ur exam that u feel this immense sense of self satisfaction? if u cheated i just dont reckon ud get the benefit of that feeling, it would make the whole thing seem a like a bit of an anti climax.

ud get that feeling where it knaws away at the back of ur brain, unless u were just a shamless bastard of course.

Adrian.

HSC
I tried cheating once in a year 11 half yearly maths test. I wrote all the formulae on a sheet of paper while having paper under it, this indented the formulae onto the 'blank' piece of paper. Since we had to supply out own paper I took a whole bunch in and had that sheet last. The only problem was that I didn't take into account the bright lights in the hall so I couldn't read it without having the piece of paper at eye level. Since I though that would look too suss I just didn't cheat, failed and now I'm doing year 12 for the second time (not as a direct result of that cheating or exam mark).

I felt bad even though I didn't get any formulae out of it, I'd never try it again.

Giant Lobster

HSC
All you people talk of is morals and ethics
wot bs

its just the HSC, its not some grand, formal rite of passage here. If you are presented with an advantage, take it. And what pisses me off is that Im sure the people who bs about their high standards and morals would cheat if given the opportunity. Give it up, you say you wont cos u CANT.

Having said that, I will say this. Being honest with myself, I'd say i would cheat if I needed to, and was given the opportunity to (i.e. risk < gain). I'd help my friends cheat too.

Im not saying cheating is right. Its most certainly wrong and in an ideal world, I much rather no one cheat. BUT BE REALISTIC, you WOULD cheat, its just that you havent the opportunity.

All this self righteous bs about not being able to cheat 'cos its wrong' is pure shit. This is the HSC ffs, rape the bitch if you get the opportunity to cheat. If you don't, dont complain about others' good luck for successfully cheating. They succeeded cos they were willing to take the risk.

hipnotize

Cheating is so easy.
All you have to do is place notes in your back pocket then during the exam ask for a toilet break and go out then go into the toilet then read the notes. Then dont forget to wash your hands !
Then just go do your exam.
You can't do it in every exam such as english cuz theres no time .. but u can do it in history exams which im pretty sure lots of people are going to be doing to remmeber places,events,people,ideas,stats etc..
And im pretty sure everyone has checked their multiple choice answers with a person a across the room or row, by
1-a
2-b
3-c
4-d

nova

HSC
I haven't cheated and don't really think I would given the opportunity.

But I can imagine how easy it must be.
1. Easiest of the lot. Notes in back pocket read in the toilet
2. Modify a calculator. ie. same casing however different internals. Pressing a certain button scrolls different notes across the screen. Pretty easy with some basic tech knowledge.
3. Lift one of the writing booklets from a previous exam (or from school if they have some - our school used them for trials). Then write your 'perfect' essay in this book. Smuggle it into the exam and place it on your desk as you sit down. You could also fill it full of notes and use the notes to write your essay.

Risk vs Gain isn't worth it tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)