• Yes!

Votes: 51 11.9%
  • No!

Votes: 378 88.1%

• Total voters

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
I'd have to say cheating in a test is only lying to yourself. Honestly theres no real point in it. If it gets you into your uni course, the only thing thats gonna happen is you will cheat there as well. Theres no chance you can cheat once you use those qualifications which you cheated to get in a job.

Lolz anyways you guys just reminded me of something the yr 9-er used to do. They would get their little sheet of formulas and slip it behind the memory instruction sheet on the old casio calculators. Sheer idiocy i tell ya, coz those same people are failing their maths now. Mind you i'm barely passing as well, but at least it's a legit "barely pass"

Cheers.
:rolleyes:

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
I went to one of those selective high schools till halfway through year 10, had enough pressure for one lifetime, hated the freaks there and dropped out into a normal high school (sorry to anyone who attends those freakkk... oops i mean selective schools). Anyway seriously more than half the kids would cheat in there, notes written on the palm of the hand, jotted down on tables before tests, notes under shirts, u name it they did it. Then they would get top marks and get praised for it!! Gee id like to see them in the real world, used to shit me so bad.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
WHY is it that everytime I come to this thread it asks me for my msn account???

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
the toilet one wouldnt really work where i do my exams. the a single toilet up the front of the hall and its checked quite well before every exam.

anyway going to the toilet is a waste of time in an already tight 2 or 3 hours. i could imagine what pussy cat said, that the selective school kids would cheat...

stoydgen

Shiftius Curry
HSC
lol no1 would want to put cheat ntoes in our toilets....EWW! Although i guess the senior ones are good, but then thats like 5 times the distance from the hall, and then if you really needed to go, they think its a bit suss ur willing to take extra time out of ur exam just to go.

sub

disco_dave said:
the toilet one wouldnt really work where i do my exams. the a single toilet up the front of the hall and its checked quite well before every exam.

anyway going to the toilet is a waste of time in an already tight 2 or 3 hours. i could imagine what pussy cat said, that the selective school kids would cheat...
hey i go to a selective school and they cheat!! but only in non-hsc exams...i dont think anyone wants to risk it now...

and to ur_inner_child: i think ur alone on that problem...never happens to me...

cameron0110

HSC
sub said:
hey i go to a selective school and they cheat!! but only in non-hsc exams...i dont think anyone wants to risk it now...

and to ur_inner_child: i think ur alone on that problem...never happens to me...
I go to a selective school and I don't know about much cheating going on... I mean I've heard of a few things that have happened but its definitely a small minority because a lot of people can actually do the stuff for themselves plus cheating by taking stuff into the toilets especially for subjects like english it just wastes valuable writing time plus the HSC is way too big a risk for any sensible person to take... plus of course its morally wrong as well.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
my special prov exams are in the library.. so in my breaks, i could easily just go look up any of the many books.. its good they trust us that much but i wouldnt put it past some people. nevertheless ive never felt any need to cheat. not worth it!

HSC
N/A
Hmm...

I also go to a selective school (HGHS), and honestly, I don't know anyone who cheats, definately not in the HSC, definately not in any of our normal exams either. By Yr 12, you're just over it. Everyone has such great integrity- we genuinely want to do well, our teachers genuinely want us to do well (and subsequently do a lot of things for us that they wouldn't need to), what's the use of cheating?

Plus, as someone's already said, cheating takes way too much time and effort. To do really well you need to know your stuff! Sheesh, writing stuff down takes so much time - who really has the time to nick off to the loo or library?

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
we all seem to be on the same boat, except for 7 or so people. shame they didnt leave a comment... but they would have probably been smashed to pieces from everyone else!!

littlemic21

Lurking In The Shadows
HSC
i cheated for the first time ever in my geog prelim exam and nearly got away with it... the thing is i forgot my cheat notes in the exam paper and didnt even notice

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I cheated in my year 11 trial. I just wanted to see if it would work and I did join the course only about a month before that, knowing year 11 doesnt count. I just put a million notes in my pocket (they dont check your pockets) and took 3 toilet breaks pretending I'm sick whilst looking them up for the bio exam. Still only got about 60% though

a_person86

HSC
Please people, im hearing alot about this dignity and self-respect, your cheating yourself... I just like to be the first to say its a load of bullshit! The most legitimate reason i would ever buy is the fear of getting caught.

Im not saying whether or not i cheat in exams, but i do help friends out by revealing my multiple-choice answers and shit! In the end if the school does better it makes my moderated assessment mark higher.

Another thing, if you had the chance to cheat, you would take it hands down! Think about it, stuck on a question, dont have a clue, then outa nowhere you can cheat and get away with it, like seeing some1 elses answers for Multiple choice... fuck oath you would take it!

I know theres heaps of people that think like me, but are not saying anything due people saying its cheating yourself, so i represent all those people that have cheated or would cheat as a whole, and call forward anyone who thinks alike!

Thats my two cents

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Some of what you say person86 is pretty valid. If you had an opportunity to cheat: the nerds multiple choice paper in front of you who you know has studied 24/7 for the bio exam falls to the floor. You have left q13 blank because you have no clue - why wouldnt you copy it?

a_person86

HSC
Thank you! At least some people can tell the truth.

Last edited:

pussy_cat

Hyper
HSC
Hey whats with the selective high ppl gettin so edgy, lol.

Anyway about that cheat if you could thing, I know I wouldn't do it cuz iv attempted cheating before, year 9 or 10 i think (whilst at that particular school, i wont mention cuz ppl seem to be getting offended but it was like the trend there i swear) where I wrote down stuff on the palm of my hand cuz i like had no idea of any of the answers. So anyway i get in there and didnt even look at my hand once, couldnt do it. I'd rather fail than cheat personally - i mean wheres it gunna get you anyway?

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
pussy_cat said:
I wrote down stuff on the palm of my hand cuz i like had no idea of any of the answers. So anyway i get in there and didnt even look at my hand once, couldnt do it. I'd rather fail than cheat personally - i mean wheres it gunna get you anyway?
I did the saem thing.. I couldnt bring myself to look at my hand... I just couldnt

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
it's funny, but if you look at movies or tv shows or other media which include parts about american schooling (particularly college), there is quite often a large percentage of those types who are absolute football-headed dumbasses who have to cheat on all the exams to pass. and yet, the majority of people posting seem to think cheating is absolutely wrong and they would never do it. there don't seem to be many of the american-cheating class around here... maybe they're too stupid to use the internet :p

ps, i also think that cheating is wrong, i was just wondering about the land of oportunity's view on things, any americans here?

kow_dude

HSC
i know someone who cheated in english... cant believe the supervisors didnt catch him... blind b***es

tennille

HSC
I cant stand people who cheat. Apparently I had a person who sat diagonally behind me, and managed to cheat of me. They ended up getting one mark under me. It's so annoying :mad: But sooner or later, those people will suffer the consequences.

I couldn't cheat. It's just wrong and I'd feel guilty for doing it.

How can people cheat during the HSC? That is soooo wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)