Cheating in Trials (1 Viewer)

Marks93

HSC
Hey guys, well i got my religion paper back today and i went alright but somebody who was behind me by only 2 marks beat me by 4 marks. Anyways, this person just happend to be sick on the day of the exam and then came in and did it the following day. I'm confident that they couldn't have beat me legit and since i've moved down to rank 3 now it's bullshit. He is good mates with the guy coming 1st so i think he must of told him the questions :/ anything i can do or do i just cop the fact i'm going to lose a few internal marks?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Unlikely anything will happen now.

Your school really has bad systems in place.

michaeljennings

HSC
Unlikely anything will happen now.

Your school really has bad systems in place.
Most schools do but what can they really do about it? Sit a different test? No one will know which of the tests sat was the easier one hence someone will be disadvantaged

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My school chances are you get an Average based on your other work, or you sit another test (sometimes the same test but it isn't often)

Marks93

HSC
It was only like 1 day after so i suppose they couldn't do much, but knowing all the questions give somebody such a big advantage. Pretty pissed off about it but :(

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
who cares, its life, that's what moderation is for. BOS will moderate all the marks because they know shit like this happens at some schools.

michaeljennings

HSC
My school chances are you get an Average based on your other work,
But this isnt always gonna be fair either if someone is coming 1st in a subject with an average mark of say 95% up til trials then they can just fake sick and get 95% for their trials even though they probably wouldnt have gotten 95% if they had sat the test

tambam

HSC
But this isnt always gonna be fair either if someone is coming 1st in a subject with an average mark of say 95% up til trials then they can just fake sick and get 95% for their trials even though they probably wouldnt have gotten 95% if they had sat the test
Haha yeah especially ina subject like maths where difficulty of exams is never the samedepending on who writes it (or at least at my school)

michaeljennings

HSC
Haha yeah especially ina subject like maths where difficulty of exams is never the samedepending on who writes it (or at least at my school)
yeah exactly you could just fake sick whenever someone you know writes hard tests is writing the test. For economics though we have had the same person write the tests all year

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
Yeah, apparently the trial paper was leaked before the test in Biology at my school. I lost my rank from 2nd to probably 4th-ish.

Marks93

HSC
So guys, do u think that it will make a big difference in my internal mark if 2nd gets like a raw mark of 89 sent to the BOS and mine is only around 88 because they beat me in the trial? My school is ranked around 380 and the kid coming first is killing it around 94 internal and will probs get around that or higher in hsc

clry

HSC
So guys, do u think that it will make a big difference in my internal mark if 2nd gets like a raw mark of 89 sent to the BOS and mine is only around 88 because they beat me in the trial? My school is ranked around 380 and the kid coming first is killing it around 94 internal and will probs get around that or higher in hsc
All you can do is hope that both you and the person beating you "kill it" too. Besides that, there's no way to guarantee it.

13abie

HSC
Hey guys, well i got my religion paper back today and i went alright but somebody who was behind me by only 2 marks beat me by 4 marks. Anyways, this person just happend to be sick on the day of the exam and then came in and did it the following day. I'm confident that they couldn't have beat me legit and since i've moved down to rank 3 now it's bullshit. He is good mates with the guy coming 1st so i think he must of told him the questions :/ anything i can do or do i just cop the fact i'm going to lose a few internal marks?
In my opinion if he was willing to risk his whole assessment mark on cheating, and he got away with it, then he deserves the higher marks. Do criminals in real life pay the concequences if they dont get caught? no. so why should he?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)