Chem MC help (1 Viewer)

deswa1

HSC
Hey guys

Can someone please explain how to work this one out?

Cheers :)

barbernator

HSC
That's a difficult one, it's either A or D but I'm guessing you already got this far. (because the Town sewage drastically increases BOD due to organic material going into the water)

I would go with A because rock discharge could increase TDS and also chemicals changing the pH.

The other reason I chose that is because I couldn't really see a reason why water running through a forest would change pH and TDS/

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC
Is the answer b?
No its A. And shit- I'm a retard lol- I remembered that the Success books have worked solutions so I know why now. This is their explanation in case anyone else wants to know:

"Site 1 must be the town owing to the high levels of E. coli which are found in town sewage. Site 3 must be the estuary due to the very high levels of total dissolved solids that would be found in brackish water so close to the ocean. Site 4 must be the mine site as mines often have acidic discharges"

I knew why Site 1 was town and Site 3 was estuary but I couldn't tell if 2 was the mine or forest.

deswa1

HSC
That's a difficult one, it's either A or D but I'm guessing you already got this far. (because the Town sewage drastically increases BOD due to organic material going into the water)

I would go with A because rock discharge could increase TDS and also chemicals changing the pH.

The other reason I chose that is because I couldn't really see a reason why water running through a forest would change pH and TDS/
Yeah that logic makes sense too- cheers bro :)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Looks like I need to revise monitoring.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, TDS comes from salts (and other things) due to mining.

It was funny, I read the TDS as turbity do I was like, site 3 in the mine, surely. Then I read the answers and was like, dafuq?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)