chem or bio? (1 Viewer)

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
i want to do med at unsw or combined med at usyd, and currently do both chem and bio. but for reasons too long to explain here i need to drop one of them.

this year i have done quite a bit better in bio than chem, and i enjoy it a lot more. however, for unsw med, chem is recommended.

what to choose??

Justina

HSC
If med is what you really want to do and Chem is what you need to do it, then drop bio (even though it may be easier/more interesting)

xxstef

HSC
but to get the marks i need, chem might not work out.
and not doing chem doesn't affect whether you'll be asked to interview/chosen, right?
isnt the bio course a lot more 'med-related'?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
xxstef said:
but to get the marks i need, chem might not work out.
and not doing chem doesn't affect whether you'll be asked to interview/chosen, right?
isnt the bio course a lot more 'med-related'?
I thought you learn about leaves and dead fish in Biology. That doesn't sound very Mediciney.

minijumbuk

┗(^o^ )┓三
HSC
Depends how good you are at each. If only a little better in bio, then keep chem.

If you're doing quite well in each, then drop music. Music has the lowest scaling of all.

Just.Snaz

HSC
minijumbuk said:
Depends how good you are at each. If only a little better in bio, then keep chem.

If you're doing quite well in each, then drop music. Music has the lowest scaling of all.
+ 1

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Actually, believe it or not, music 2's scaling > scaling of chem > scaling of bio

Source: 2007 scaling report & 2006 scaling report.

bored of sc

HSC
lyounamu said:
Actually, believe it or not, music 2's scaling > scaling of chem > scaling of bio

Source: 2007 scaling report & 2006 scaling report.
But I do music 1.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
bored of sc said:
But I do music 1.
But OP does music 2. I was talking in relation to that. Sorry if I got you confused.

And yeah, music 1's scaling is abysmal...

ratcher0071

HSC
xxstef said:
i want to do med at unsw or combined med at usyd, and currently do both chem and bio. but for reasons too long to explain here i need to drop one of them.

this year i have done quite a bit better in bio than chem, and i enjoy it a lot more. however, for unsw med, chem is recommended.

what to choose??
Drop biology, If you want to do med, then bio is a waste

Lebstr

HSC
drop chem, do bio, get ur uai. then do bridging course:D

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I'd keep Chem, because it will be more beneficial for you in trying to get medicine. however that also depends on how good you are at chem. If you're doing really bad in chem then drop it because it might affect your UAI - therefore you won't get into Medicine anyway.

The Kaiser

HSC
Isn't Chemistry a prerequisite for UNSW Med, though?

I honestly do not see what's the harm in keeping both, If i were you I'd drop German (like I did last year), unless if you're getting Mid-High Band 6's in that subject.

If you really have to drop one of those two, you'll have to drop Biology I'm afraid.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
The Kaiser said:

I honestly do not see what's the harm in keeping both, If i were you I'd drop German (like I did last year), unless if you're getting Mid-High Band 6's in that subject.

If you really have to drop one of those two, you'll have to drop Biology I'm afraid.
Yeah I think it is for UNSW.
Don't think it is for Usyd or UWS though - nothing wrong with those universities.

I can't see why you would just aim for one university.

xxstef

HSC
The Kaiser said:

nah i wouldnt drop any of my other subjects, im doing a lot better in them than chem and bio.
chem isnt a prereq, its recommended though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)