CHEM SSP whos comming? (1 Viewer)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
entry into 2nd sem is EXTREMELY (adi mean EXTREMELY) competitive....

last yr: i think aroudn 48 vacancies they took 52 in first sem... to get into 2nd sem, pplz have to be kicked out of chem ssp or they no longer wishes to do it...
last yr, only ONE vacancy were made avaliable ... and i was 2nd on the list :'(

sniff... the shame....~~

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
xiao1985 said:
entry into 2nd sem is EXTREMELY (adi mean EXTREMELY) competitive....
Oh well, as long as there is no disadvantage in terms of marks I won't worry too much, just wish to get a high mark.

xiao1985 said:
sniff... the shame....~~
Don't feel bad...at least you were on the list.

envy87

HSC
so there's no advantages like scaling for chem ssp?...that's so weird....

and does chem ssp have a larger component of pracs and stuff - and do they account for a greater percentage of the final mark than just adv chem?...cos i suck at pracs...well high school ones anyway.

i had my heart set on doing it, but now i'm not so sure since i suck majorly at pracs..and if there's no real advantage it seems easier for me to stick wiht what i know....

tennille

HSC
envy87 said:
so there's no advantages like scaling for chem ssp?...that's so weird....

and does chem ssp have a larger component of pracs and stuff - and do they account for a greater percentage of the final mark than just adv chem?...cos i suck at pracs...well high school ones anyway.

i had my heart set on doing it, but now i'm not so sure since i suck majorly at pracs..and if there's no real advantage it seems easier for me to stick wiht what i know....
I thought that the pracs would account for a significant amount of your assessment mark, however, after looking in the handbook and noticing that there is no detail on what types of assessments there are for SSP and their weightings, it might be the same as adv chem; theory exam= 75% and pracs and quizzes= 25%. But the only difference between adv chem and chem ssp is the pracs...and the pracs are more "individual" than adv chem...BTW, chem SSP students attend the same lectures as adv chem students. Considering that the pracs are the only difference and you're not completely confident with pracs, i'd stick to just adv chem.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
1st yr chem ssp as far as i know are assess exactly the same as adv chem...
but since u guys got harder pracs, maybe that's a downside i dunno... wut i do know is a fwnd got 94 first sem got 90 2nd sem cuz 2nd sem prac's pretty insane...

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
xiao1985 said:
1st yr chem ssp as far as i know are assess exactly the same as adv chem...
but since u guys got harder pracs, maybe that's a downside i dunno... wut i do know is a fwnd got 94 first sem got 90 2nd sem cuz 2nd sem prac's pretty insane...
how did u go urself xiaoie?...do u think it's possible to enter ssp second sem or even second year?...I'd like to get into chem ssp but am more intrested in physics. doing both together might be a bit too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)