chem (1 Viewer)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
why ben, pray tell, why? :D

(you :spam: -mer :p)

SgtSlick

this was NO :spam:, i am serious, i dislike chem, mostly because it is boring as hell, and also because my teacher was about as sharp as a bowling ball!

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Yeah, I enjoyed physics in year 11 much more than chemistry. I dropped physics because I didn't want to go 6 units of science, and chem was assumed knowledge for more uni courses, and at that time I didn't know what I wanted to do.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
yup
chem is sooooooooo gay
well if u have a teacher who knows chem, dne it might not b too bad.

i reckon if u didnt do chem in yr12 and u go med science in uni, they wouldnt tell the different between u and sum1 who did coz he/she wouldve 4gotten everything already

SgtSlick

Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
yup
chem is sooooooooo gay
well if u have a teacher who knows chem, dne it might not b too bad.

i reckon if u didnt do chem in yr12 and u go med science in uni, they wouldnt tell the different between u and sum1 who did coz he/she wouldve 4gotten everything already
Agreed

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC
Must you make your statement so general? It may be gay for you, but frankly, I find it interesting. Don't forget, chemistry makes the world go around...OR DOES IT?!

Well...yes, it does, amongst other things..

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
chem makes the world go around
after the chemistry course, no longer will you be able to look at the ingredients of a hand wash or toilet duck without recognising lauyl sulfate and other assorted terms. no longer will you be able to pick up a plastic shopping bag, scrunch it and upon hearing the crinkly sound, proudly pronounce "high density polyethene". No longer will you be able to change a car battery without remembering to be careful, as the lead acid battery contains concentrated sulfuric acid.

chemistry is life
chemistry is you.

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Originally posted by user

chemistry is life
chemistry is you.
Sounds like an ad for a hair-styling product. :p

It's good to know how things function on a molecular level.

It's a matter of opinions anyway - I love chemistry but hate the HSC chemistry course.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
chudymuster and user, have u 2 even done chem yet?
ur prolly not complaining now coz u dont need to remember the structure and chemistry of 6 types of batteries. (like i will be making batteries for life or sumfin) nor have u remembered a dozen qualitative tests for precipitates (like sum1 in real life juz cant refer to a table).
And finally something like titration, which might be important in real life wasnt even tested in the hsc.

dats why chem is gay

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
I'm doing the HSC course now. I know some things can be burdensome, but if one develops an interest, you can't go wrong. You probably shouldn't have chosen chemistry if you weren't prepared to "memorise" such facts. If you had a genuine interest in the subject, you'd remember it automatically.

Sorry, but to describe chemistry as "gay" is perhaps the most pathetic thing anyone can say, especially one who chose to learn the subject for 2 years.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
I started doing it coz i wanted to do med science. But now after chem, ive changed my mind. i continued to do chem because I exploited the scaling system chem offered. Even tho i hated it, i had a top 10 ranking.
But seriously, you shouldnt call me pathetic, coz wat does that make u? I mean, the only things u've done up to now is polymers! Wow! lots of remembering there buddy. One day, u'll look back on this thread and say "wtf was i finking"

"Sorry, but to describe chemistry as "gay" is perhaps the most pathetic thing anyone can say"

really
and what would be the most unpathetic way to describe chem?
Cool?

CHUDYMASTER

HSC
I've overseen most of the course and have done the first 2 core topics. It isn't that bad.

But I guess it was beneficial for you in that you averted making the wrong decision in life. Perhaps you should be grateful of the chem course?

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
perhaps you two should accept that you have different opinions and move on?

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)