chem1011 course outline (1 Viewer)

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Would anyone who has a copy of the chem1011 course outline be generous enough to send it to me (dcremona@hotmail.com) or post the link? I'm trying to decide if I should take it next semester...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Pretty much anyone doing science should do chemistry. I can't recall many majors that don't require it (geology, psychology. i think that's it).

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Pretty much anyone doing science should do chemistry. I can't recall many majors that don't require it (geology, psychology. i think that's it).
Which is why I'm a psych major :p

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Maths.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Fine. Shuttup. :p

Still pretty important for a pretty clear cut majority of sciences though. That's what ol Anna Choy said to us. I tend to believe what she said.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yep and so much for calling it fundamentals :(
that one semester of chem at unsw equates to two subjects here at UTS which i absolutely love :D

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The structure of it at UNSW is way different to that of USyd as well, apparently. I'm doing Chem1102 at USyd now, having only done first session chem at UNSW in second term, and I'm doing the exact same organic chemistry as I was doing at UNSW, albeit with a bit more info about chirality and these fancy curly arrows dealies. The chem department here is ten billion times better than that of UNSW.

Sad but true.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hey neb :wave:
yeah theres two subjects on organic chem that i have to do, so itll be more in depth and not as rushed, so we have a little bit more than 5 weeks to conquer organic chem :)
shall be sweet

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
It is the most exciting subcomponent of chemistry. I spose it gets more interesting when you're heavily into the medicinal side of it too (instead of concentrating only on the exciting colour changes of 2,4 dinitroblahblah [the only thing i really recall being at all interesting in unsw chem]).

jemsta said:
Oh, I'm sure UTS chem rocks too. If that's what you were getting at. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)