Chem1011 Lab Assignments (1 Viewer)

FeelBare

HSC
For Week 4 Lab, does this "asssignment" get counted towards anything?

I'm having so much trouble with the calculations. :bomb:

Tim035

HSC
The way I understand it, their is 12 assingments for this semester. They take you best 10 marks from those 12 assingments and this counts towards 10% of your final mark. So you can afford to bomb 2, but I really don't see them getting any easier.
The program is really strict on decimal places and significant figures which is why a lot of people last week could not understand why they kept getting 3/5.

In all honesty I feel really sorry for people in the course who did not do HSC chemistry or an equivalent :( I got 88 and started in higher chem but all the phsyics in higher chem scared me away.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Is chem1011 really that hard? I did do chemistry for HSC, I found it reasonably difficult, but extremely interesting... I'm considering taking it as a science elective next semester (I'm in my 2nd year) but if it's going to be very hard I'd rather focus on my core subjects. What do all the students doing/who have done Chem1011 think?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah for me it was....but thats because i didnt take chemistry back in high school
i just passed, but i had to work really hard in the exam for me get the mark i did.
if you did chem in the hsc, then you should find it relatively comfortable.....its just the organic chem later on in the semester which screws most people over.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Ah ok, thanks for that. I'm going to enroll in it tomorrow and just hope for the best lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)