chem1901 marks? scaling (i know, i know) (1 Viewer)

aj12

HSC
N/A
Hi, soooo I took the chem1901 exam today and I probably raw-wise failed. Or like barely passed (somewhere around 45-60% depending on how many marks I get for my workings).

Would this be scaled? Or is this just going to be my mark? If this isn't scaled, I really regret doing advanced and would recommend any future first year chem students to take the normal unit instead as it is not worth it. I worked quite hard..but the exam was just so hard. I guess my chemistry aptitude is just too low?

Also to maintain my scholarship (need D average), if I get a credit average..would it be just completely over for me? Or would I most likely be given a second chance? I think it is a bit harsh to completely revoke a scholarship after first semester :( but...maybe that's just me.

Thanks. I'm really sad :(

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm in the exact same position as you, I did chem1901 exam today and I'm also on a scholarship (so I also need a D average too).

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm 99% sure there will be some sort of standardising for the exam. It was way too hard not to lol.

Remember you have quizzes and lab marks to help you. Going off previous year's statistics, a 50% raw was the average mark in the short answer! Consider now that the average final mark is 75...

And even if you get a credit, if you go well enough in your other subjects you'll be able to pull it up to a D average. Cram for maths tomorrow like I'm doing right now and beast that exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)