chemical engineering (1 Viewer)

nee4speed111

HSC
yea hi there (my first post:D) i was wondering if anyone is doing this course in uni and if u are can u tell me how it's like.

what subjects do u need 2 do in yr 12 cause im doing ext 1 maths, chemistry, economics standard english and buisness studies and i heard that you need physics as a prerequisite

also what is the best uni to do this course don't really care about travel

also my firends say its a bad course to do because it has bad job prospects and u wont find a job as a chemical engineer is this true

sry for spelling;)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
strongly recommend you do research on your career within this cesspool of an internet forum

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
All engineers are in demand. HSC physics is totally unless in uni, besides for chem eng you only need to do phys for one sem. UNSW is the place to be for eng.

doink

Clone
HSC
All engineers are not in demand, there are alot of aero students who have to search for jobs for a little while before they find one they like in australia, although overseas there are lots of prospects for aero. UNSW is the place to be for engineering (if you can't get into USYD or UTS). Chemical engineering will get you a job if you are good at it and the pay is usually alot better for them to begin with, but i just finished my chem block for flexible and i've got to say it was really boring and i did more physics than chemistry in it.

BIGTYMA

Focus
HSC
doink said:
All engineers are not in demand, there are alot of aero students who have to search for jobs for a little while before they find one they like in australia, although overseas there are lots of prospects for aero. UNSW is the place to be for engineering (if you can't get into USYD or UTS). Chemical engineering will get you a job if you are good at it and the pay is usually alot better for them to begin with, but i just finished my chem block for flexible and i've got to say it was really boring and i did more physics than chemistry in it.
For little while implies that there is a demand as they dont need to job hunt for long.

and

Are you saying that usyd and uts are > than unsw for eng?

nee4speed111

HSC
thnx for the first decent reply(s) in my other thread well........... yea
sry about spelling by the way

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Chem Eng Rulzzzz.

Im still a first year but ive spoken to 3rd and 4th years and according to them its very challenging.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
BIGTYMA said:
For little while implies that there is a demand as they dont need to job hunt for long.

and

Are you saying that usyd and uts are > than unsw for eng?
If you can't, get into usyd or uts.

It's a shame engineering students don't give much priority to learning how to communicate these days.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Azamakumar said:
It's a shame engineering students don't give much priority to learning how to communicate these days.
Engineering students (from my experiences) are those who whinge about english in HS then fail english and don't get into UWA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)