Chemical engineering? (1 Viewer)

leesh95

HSC
I want to apply for Chemical engineering at UNSW. However the thing is that my (Asian) parents are vehemently against me doing this degree. My Mum thinks that it has absolutely no scope and If I must do something in engineering I should pick something like electronics or civil. I did check and according to research chemical engineering does appear to have a high demand. But my parents refuse to believe in any internet research that I show to them. Is there anyone who has done this degree? What is the course like? Does it have a scope in the job market?

Also another problem is that I have very botched up physics marks in year 12 due to several circumstances. However I have studied GCSE physics before moving to Australia and I was quite good at it. I know that I can understand it. I am also top of my chem class. SO would this affect my chances of getting admission?

Makematics

HSC
That is extremely fcked, i say you talk it out with them and say that they cant tell you what to do any more. Because honestly, that sounds like a great course and you should be doing what YOU want to do :)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure civil job opportunities are declining whilst chemical jobs are still there (and amongst the better paid engineering gigs)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)