Chemical equations and states (1 Viewer)

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
I'm having another clash with the information of my sources. Just a couple of questions on the systematics of chemistry in an exam:
  • States need to be written for ionic equations? (true/false)
  • A reaction takes place at 300 degrees celcius. Water is a product of this reaction. Should the molecular state be that at [i.e. H20(l)] or should it reflect the conditions of the specific reaction [i.e. H2O(g)]
I know, different text books say different things, but what is most widely accepted for the HSC?

Thanks in advance.

shady145

Banned
HSC
I'm having another clash with the information of my sources. Just a couple of questions on the systematics of chemistry in an exam:
  • States need to be written for ionic equations? (true/false)
  • A reaction takes place at 300 degrees celcius. Water is a product of this reaction. Should the molecular state be that at [i.e. H20(l)] or should it reflect the conditions of the specific reaction [i.e. H2O(g)]
I know, different text books say different things, but what is most widely accepted for the HSC?

Thanks in advance.
for the first one, it wouldnt hurt to put the states in
second one... i guess it doesnt really matter, they may accept both, but i really don't know the answer for part 2

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Yer I've also heard they usually accept both. Just wondering what would be the more accepted way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)