Chemistry Assignment help (1 Viewer)

Ednaw

HSC
I got this chem assignment and was wondering if anyone knows a good site to get information on any of the following

1. process and present information on the range of compounds found in either coal, petroleum or natural gas and on the location of deposits of fossil fuel in ausytralia

2. the product and use of 2 radioactive isotopes in aus

3. describe the industraila separation processes used on one mixture obtained from the biosphere, lithosphere, hydrosphere or atmosphere

4. otul;ine the development of major alloys throughout history, including the present. analyze their significance to society of the time

5. relatte the technology of electrolysis to the increased chmeical understanding of the composition of compounds such as water

any help would be grately appreciated, thanks

:cool:

CHUDYMASTER

Master of Chudy 'n' Curry
HSC

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
the first one is dodgie, aprt from petroluem... is the rest of em even in syllabus??? obviously in petroluem, u haf carbon based products... coal is lyk a form of pure carbon while natural gas is (i fink) a mixture of meth - eth - prop - butane...

second one, u can choose tc 99m... very commonly chosen one... cuz tis easy, half life = 6 hrs, emit gamma, used to detect bood leaks in body... na24... half life = 15 hrs, emit beta... used for detect pipe leaks... no idea wut does the product mean...

method used to separate crude oil (mixture of carbon based chemicals) fractional distillation... describe!!! argh!!! uhm, there's a detailed one in pathway... a diagram would help... i will leave it here...

alloy??? now dat's prelim... i forgot half of it already... soz, can't help u on that one...

electrolysis can help scientists distinguish the elements present in a substance such as water... when water is bein electrolysed, it gives out hydrogen and oxygen in the ratio of 2:1... hence it can be determined that water molecule ocnsists of two times of hydrogen atoms dan oxygen atoms

stargaze

HSC
im doing q1.. same skool as ednaw
anyone know a site that lists the compounds contained in a particular substance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)