Chemistry, Biology and Physics Bridging (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Bridging Courses -
Biology, Physics & Chemistry

Biology Bridging Course

Who should attend?

Students who are interested in entering into the undergraduate programs of Science, Applied Sciences or Associate Diplomas requiring basic biological knowledge, who have not studied biology who have not studied biology at this level for several years.

Hawkesbury Campus Biology Bridging Course

This bridging course consists of three day sessions run in the afternoons. This course will commence on Monday 23 through to Thursday 26 February 2004.

Cost: $130, which includes the laboratory manual and the theory based manual. The theory-based manual can also be purchased separately for $30 if you do not wish to attend the classes.

For further information please contact Julie Langford on (02) 4570 1838 or email j.langford@uws.edu.au or phone the University Course Information Centre on our toll-free number 1800 897 669.

Physics Bridging Course

Who should attend?

Students who are interested in entering into the undergraduate programs of Science, requiring basic physics knowledge, who have not studied physics or who have not studied physics at this level for several years.

Penrith Campus Physics Bridging Course

This bridging course consists of 2 full days of tutorials. This course will commence on Thursday 19 through to Friday 20 February 2004.

Cost: $65, which covers the cost of attending the classes for both days.

For further information please contact Julie Langford on (02) 4570 1838 or email j.langford@uws.edu.au or phone the University Course Information Centre on our toll-free number 1800 897 669.

Chemistry Bridging Course

Run by The School of Science, Food & Horticulture

Who should attend?

Any person intending to enrol in a science based university course incorporating chemistry units who has not completed HSC chemistry (or its equivalent) or who has not studied chemistry at this level for several years.

Overall objectives

The UWS Chemistry Bridging Courses have been designed to prepare participants for preliminary studies in chemistry at the tertiary level by providing an introduction to some of the basic skills, concepts and terminology required. No bridging course can be an adequate replacement for a preferred HSC chemistry preparation, but by exposing participants to some of the basic skills required and by introducing them to some of the preliminary topics covered in most university introductory chemistry units, it is hoped that participants will not be over-awed by the prospect of studying chemistry for the first time at university.

Campbelltown Campus Bridging Course

This bridging course consists of three days with four hours of lecture/tutorials per day, run from 10am to 2pm. This course will commence on Monday 23 through to Wednesday 25 February 2004. This course does not include laboratory work.

Cost: $100, which includes the associated Bridging Course Manual.

Hawkesbury Campus Bridging Course

This bridging course consists of four day workshops run in the mornings. This course will commence on Monday 23 through to Thursday 26 February 2004.

Cost: $130, which includes the associated Self-Study Manual. This manual can also be purchased separately for $30 if you do not wish to attend the classes.

Parramatta Campus Bridging Course

This bridging course consists of three full days of instruction and tutorials. This course will commence on Monday 16 to Wednesday 18 February.

Cost: $130, which includes the associated study manual. This manual can also be purchased separately for $30 if you do not wish to attend the classes.

-------------------------------------

anyone doing em?>

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
Ewwwww! Physics?! Chem? Bio?! I'm not sure which is worse! ... I didn't even do maths back in highschool.

peepee

loser.
HSC
i NEED to do them, although i don't know how you would go about enrolling for them.

i called the number but they sent me some bullshit in the mail about those university preparation programs, so now i've got 3 of those forms.

pffts!!!!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)