Chemistry Elective (1 Viewer)

Mohit7

HSC
Which is better to do for the HSC

Forensic chemistry or industrial chemistry?

G

gaoOO

Mohit7 said:
Which is better to do for the HSC

Forensic chemistry or industrial chemistry?
majority do industrial chem, i know for sure that's what we are doing...
but forensic chem definitely sounds more interesting :(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Forensic chemistry was one of those options that I was interested in when I first started. Shipwrecks is apparently more interesting and popular than industrial.

Jono_2007

My fingers are slowly slipping off a cliff!....HEL
HSC
But in terms of competition with other students across the state, industrial chemistry is more popular THAN forensic and is therefore harder to gain marks in the HSC, since you have more cadidates, who are competing for the same marks and the HSC markers only give the ''top'' marks to those who can demonstrate that their answer is the best in the state. Whereas in forensic chemistry, you will have less competition, and it is therefore ''easier'' to gain marks. But you still need to know the work.

JONO

Nodice

HSC
Jono_2007 said:
But in terms of competition with other students across the state, industrial chemistry is more popular THAN forensic and is therefore harder to gain marks in the HSC, since you have more cadidates, who are competing for the same marks and the HSC markers only give the ''top'' marks to those who can demonstrate that their answer is the best in the state. Whereas in forensic chemistry, you will have less competition, and it is therefore ''easier'' to gain marks. But you still need to know the work.

JONO
Don't really like that logic. What if, for instance, all the smart people in the state did Forensic Chemistry and industrial chemistry was devoid of these people. Would it not be more beneficial, according to your thoughts, that industrial chemistry would be the way to go?

On another note, I did industrial chemistry and that was pretty good, althought I think the chemistry of art is THE BEST topic to do - you actually learn some decent theory of chem rather than having to memorise industrial operations...

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
We're doing forensics, I really wanted to do industrial or shipwrecks though. The chemistry of art one looks good as well.

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
I did forensics and it was really boring in my opinion. You didn't have to know a thing about chemistry to talk about MS, HPLC, G-LC, DNA electrophoresis etc. There's some good theory about proteins and more indepth sugars. But I would've prefered to do chemistry of art, even if it does have that hisorical use of pigments dot-point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)