Chemistry paper thoughts (1 Viewer)

ml125

HSC
Also, is the marking similar to maths where they would read crossed out answers? Seems i got close to one of the calculations but I accidentally crossed it out :<
They'll usually mark it if you haven't written anything that contradicts it

Feelsbad did a good half a pg of working in trials, crossed it out - wrote like less than a sentence that somehow denied its validity. Turns out initial working was perfect ggwp bye 4 marks

RachelGreen

HSC
Steps I wrote to reduce CFCs was that mentioned above plus, removing chloride radicals through its reaction with methane and also removing chlorine monoxide radicals from the atmosphere through its reaction with nitrogen dioxide

cookie_dough

HSC
N/A
yea i first i wrote HOW it depletes the ozone layer, than about montreal, HCFC's, HFC's and also that it is being monitored with photospectometry

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Since it's a 6 marker, i think giving 3 points and sufficiently explaining them should suffice

Ambility

HSC
Is the answer to the multiple choice question 16 really A? I thought it would be B, as those half equations have the highest resultant potential...

trecex1

HSC
Is the answer to the multiple choice question 16 really A? I thought it would be B, as those half equations have the highest resultant potential...
It is B, where does it say it is A?

Ambility

HSC
It is B, where does it say it is A?
On the ATAR notes suggested answers thread. People are saying that it must be A because the cell reaction needs to have ions of 2+ oxidation state. If that's the case it is A, if not it is B as it has a higher EMF but aluminium has a 3+ oxidation state.

Last edited:

trecex1

HSC
On the ATAR notes suggested answers thread.
It's 100% B, check the reduction potentials sheet.
Also dont agree with a few of their short answer criteria, but no one knows how bostes will mark so just hope for the best.

trecex1

HSC
On the ATAR notes suggested answers thread. People are saying that it must be A because the cell reaction needs to have ions of 2+ oxidation state. If that's the case it is A, if not it is B as it has a higher EMF but aluminium has a 3+ oxidation state.
No that's not correct, if you read it carefully it says for that particular cell it can be expressed in that notation (as that cell notation is no longer taught in the syllabus so students may not be familiar).
Then it says in which of the following cells will produce the max voltage.
The fact that al is 3+ is irrelevant since you're not replacing Q and P with the given the metals and ions, each of the 'following cells' is independent but just written in that notation.

Last edited:

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
No that's not correct, if you read it carefully it says for that particular cell it can be expressed in that notation (as that cell notation is no longer taught in the syllabus so students may not be familiar).
Then it says in which of the following cells will produce the max voltage. The original cell was given as an example.
Bro I literally shat my pants when I saw it was A. And now you give me reassurance. Cause that answer was exactly what Ambility said, something about how B is disregarded as it is not 2+. THANK FUCK

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Cause they just showed how to denote that particular type of cell. The q that followed had nothing to do with the information provided yeah, apart from showing how to identity oxidation and reduction through the notation?

trecex1

HSC
Cause they just showed how to denote that particular type of cell. The q that followed had nothing to do with the information provided yeah, apart from showing how to identity oxidation and reduction through the notation?
Yeah if you did papers from before 2010 or something they frequently used this notation to show cells.
The question didn't say which combination of Q and P will give highest voltage, it just said which cell.

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A
Yeah if you did papers from before 2010 or something they frequently used this notation to show cells.
The question didn't say which combination of Q and P will give highest voltage, it just said which cell.
Idk man im on edge cause they put Q and R. So maybe it had to be in reference to the question given. ZZzzzzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)