Chemistry ranking question ... (1 Viewer)

HSC
I do chemistry 2unit and i got 19/65 72 assessment mark in the half yearly, then now I got my yearly final result back and i got 21/63 rank and 85 assessment mark, but someone who got 13th got like 80 asessment mark (im assuming its derived from trial result)

while right now im bashing my head on the desk as to how i got such a shit rank, I want to know, if i walk into the HSC and score something like ~90+ (raw) will that mean its impossible for me to get a final mark of band 6?
will I have to get like 95 at least to get band 6?
will i also have to rely on my year to go very well? (we have a dozen band 5 and 6 students)
what should I do to get this illicit high mark for chemistry?

please tell me its not too late to still go well in this subject!

kim_

hey I dont really know how to answer your questions but I do know that because your higher than average, if the people who got band 5s and 6s do well... they will pull your mark as you are not in the bottom half of the class... It also depends on ur average chem mark so if u wna post that up someone might be able to help you :D also 85 in the catholic trials??? if so thats really good coz our top mark was 86% and i got heaps worse than that

HSC
nah independent paper, my average varies

assessment 1: 85%
assessment 2: 65%
assessment 3: 50%
assessment 4: 85%
Trial: 80%

it was a fairly hard trial, i lost marks because i talked about the wrong experiment, forgot how to do molar heat combustion and electrochemistry, had I got that simple shit right i'd be sitting on 87 (2nd place), i'm realy cut over that :(

kim_

Look I screwed up really bad... i only got 57% for my trials (most of it was due to stupid mistakes) majority of our school got around60%... i think it was because of the section that our school made up due to the fact that we didnt finish our coursework... i think you did really well, your rank is in the top half of your class, so I think that you dont have to worry too much... just try to pull up a bit in the hsc... good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)