Chemistry > Senior Science ? Free periods or not? (1 Viewer)

Kaan709

HSC
I've dropped down from Chemistry to Senior Science, and considering to drop Senior Science because of it's possible 'scaling'. I'm currently doing Retail Cert III at McDonald's, so I already have a free period at school. If I do drop Senior Science, i'll have 6 free periods a week, meaning I can focus on my other 10 units at school. What do you guys think? Should I keep Senior Science or utilise the second free period? Also how would scaling not be in my favour?

Legal Studies
Biology
General Math
Standard English
Retail Cert III
Senior Science

band19student

HSC
considering to drop Senior Science because of it's possible 'scaling'.
I don't know why you would worry about scaling, your other subjects all have pretty bad scaling. As long as you do well it doesn't matter

Kaan709

HSC
Do you think that if I use the free periods to focus more on my other subjects, it will increase my ranking :/? I am doing 5 subjects at school at the moment, because Retail is once-a-month, if I do drop it, I'll have 4 subjects to really focus on, or is it too risky to have 10 units?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you think that if I use the free periods to focus more on my other subjects, it will increase my ranking :/? I am doing 5 subjects at school at the moment, because Retail is once-a-month, if I do drop it, I'll have 4 subjects to really focus on, or is it too risky to have 10 units?
If you are attempting to get an ATAR then you should keep senior science.

Kaan709

HSC
Why is that? Retail Cert III is equal to 2 units. Currently i'm doing 12 units, but 10 units at school.

tloos

HSC
Retail Cert 3 isn't amazing in terms of scaling mate. Nor are the others per say. Stick with 12, balance your time, if your retail is only once a month, you still practically have your 10 units you want to have. Drop senior science, screw up one of your 10 units, star ain't not gonna look pretty being frank. I'm no genius, I'm just offering advice, up to you whether you run with it or not.

Kaan709

HSC
Yes, unfortunately I was swayed into applying for it, I just hope it doesn't scale me down. I can gladly say, once I complete HSC Retail Cert III, I am a fully qualified manager at McDonald's, yay. *sarcasm*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)