chilling out @ UTS (1 Viewer)

S

Shuter

There's a basketball court though isn't there? Will I be able to just go and use that whenever I feel like it?

T

timbk2

Markets Bar on mondays and Friday nights
Glasshouse bar Tuesday and Thursday Nights

Design Building basketball courts
Grass behind Tower building (closes thing to a "field" you will get at uts)
IT building 10 . best building ever for bumming.

Market City. =)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Or you could do your course* at Kuringgai and get all the grass of UNSW, with the convenience of a FREE (yes FREE) bus to the city campus, all for 10 less UAI points! :D

*Business, Education, Nursing

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
You Sydney people are unaccustomed to expansive grassy areas anyway... if I can survive at UTS City campus, anyone can!!!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
the grass out the back of the tower
design cafe
it building rooftop cafe
the clare, over the road
that awesome dumpling place behind insearch

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I hate the DAB cafe...there are so many knobs there smoking, trying their absolute hardest to be trendy design students.

No offence to design students, I know plenty of great people in your faculty, but walking through your building just gives me the most overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by dickheads.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
it does get a bit trendy at times, eh
but it's the design faculty, you can hardly blame them

*beats lexi about head with regulation-issue giant black folder, returns to drinking tiny coffee*

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
I hate the science building...there are so many knobs there wearing lab coats, talking about science, trying their absolute hardest to be nerdy science students.

No offence to science students, I know plenty of great people in your faculty, but walking through your building just gives me the most overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by knobs who like to generalise entire faculties

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
johnson said:
I hate the science building...there are so many knobs there wearing lab coats, talking about science, trying their absolute hardest to be nerdy science students.

No offence to science students, I know plenty of great people in your faculty, but walking through your building just gives me the most overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by knobs who like to generalise entire faculties
Interesting you should say that, since you'll hardly ever find science students in building 4. Mostly you'll run into builders, since everything's being ripped up and renovated.

But I wasn't talking about your faculty in general, I was talking about the people I see hanging around the DAB café. If you honestly think the impression I get of those people (as snobby look-at-me-I'm-a-design-student-you're-not-cool-enough-to-talk-to-me wankers) is indicative of the entire DAB faculty then the problem isn't mine is it?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
The CB10 couches are ok, but they're just underpadded versions of the couches in the tower. And even those are only good for a short time...I should know, I tried to sleep on one.

Market City isn't bad if you don't mind aimless shopping, but the bid I'm happiest about is that the CBD is just ten minutes up the road. So you can basically buy anything you could possibly want (and there's a lot more than the clothes stores Market City offers) and get some exercise too!

Yay Pitt St Mall, yay Kinokuniya, yay Gowings!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
kinokuniya. going in there makes me simutaneously happy (so many awesome design books and crazy magazines!!) and sad (how will i ever be able to afford any of this stuff!?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)