China to Bush: Stay out of our affairs (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
BEIJING — President Bush is eagerly awaiting the start of the Summer Olympics, making history as the first president to attend this world athletic competition on foreign soil.
But his arrival in Beijing Thursday night on the eve of the opening of the games came amid an atmosphere of tension with China's leaders over his high-profile speech in Thailand exhorting the growing world power to grant more freedom to its people.
Bush, first lady Laura Bush and their daughter Barbara came off Air Force One together, where they got a red-carpet greeting from Chinese Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi and others, and then sped away in a motorcade.
Bush, an avid sports fan, has said he wants to enjoy the Summer Olympics competition, but also will talk to President Hu Jintao about human rights and a host of other bilateral issues.
Before his plane landed here, China's Foreign Ministry released a terse statement saying that no one should interfere with China's internal affairs.
Bush plans to attend the opening ceremony of the Olympics on Friday night and go to a series of sporting events through Monday, including U.S. basketball and baseball games against China. Although he exhorted Beijing to improve human rights in a major speech in Thailand before flying here, Bush has said he is intent on making his Olympics visit about sports, not politics.

In a speech outlining America's achievements and challenges in Asia, Bush had pushed Thursday for a free press, free assembly and labor rights in China, and spoke out sharply against its detentions of political dissidents, human rights advocates and religious activists. He said he wasn't trying to antagonize China, but called such reform the only path the potent U.S. rival can take to reach its full potential.
He antagonized the Chinese anyway, setting the stage for an interesting reception when he attends the opening ceremonies Friday evening and meets with Hu on Sunday after attending church.
"The Chinese government puts people first, and is dedicated to maintaining and promoting its citizens basic rights and freedom," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang said Thursday in response to Bush's speech. "Chinese citizens have freedom of religion. These are indisputable facts."
He said China advocates discussions on differing views on human rights and religions on "a basis of mutual respect and equality," then indicated it didn't see Bush's criticism in that light.
"We firmly oppose any words or acts that interfere in other countries' internal affairs, using human rights and religion and other issues," Qin said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,399163,00.html

America builds more prisons than schools
America builds more prisons than ANY OTHER COUNTRY per capita.
America imprisons more of their citizens than ANY OTHER COUNTRY per capita.

The US, "the land of the free," has the largest prison population in the world and the highest rate of prisoners per capita of all countries – including countries that President Bush believes need liberating by US armed forces.

Even China, with one party rule and a population that is 4.5 times larger than the US population, has 30% fewer total prisoners than the US. China’s per capita rate is a small fraction of the US rate.

The US prison population per capita is three times higher than "axis of evil" country Iran, five times higher than Tanzania, and seven times higher than a civilized European country like Germany.

One out of every 142 Americans is in prison – and this does not include military prisons or INS jails.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts43.html

So, president bush, the leader of the "free" world, keep spouting your ignorant BS strewn with the psychological buzzwords like, "freedom," "democracy," and other abstractions that are molded to serve autocratic/plutocratic ends.

Wilkommen to Amerika, Fools!

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
bigboyjames said:
America builds more prisons than schools
America builds more prisons than ANY OTHER COUNTRY per capita.
America imprisons more of their citizens than ANY OTHER COUNTRY per capita.

The US, "the land of the free," has the largest prison population in the world and the highest rate of prisoners per capita of all countries – including countries that President Bush believes need liberating by US armed forces.

Even China, with one party rule and a population that is 4.5 times larger than the US population, has 30% fewer total prisoners than the US. China’s per capita rate is a small fraction of the US rate.

The US prison population per capita is three times higher than "axis of evil" country Iran, five times higher than Tanzania, and seven times higher than a civilized European country like Germany.

One out of every 142 Americans is in prison – and this does not include military prisons or INS jails.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts43.html

So, president bush, the leader of the "free" world, keep spouting your ignorant BS strewn with the psychological buzzwords like, "freedom," "democracy," and other abstractions that are molded to serve autocratic/plutocratic ends.

Wilkommen to Amerika, Fools!

Where do you expect they should keep criminals? Prison or Canada? :D

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
bigboyjames said:
Even China, with one party rule and a population that is 4.5 times larger than the US population, has 30% fewer total prisoners than the US.
The rest of china's criminals were executed.

Or had the political influence and money to get away with it.

lala2

Banned
HSC
I think the West should just SHUT UP in general. Blah here, blah there about people's internal affairs. Look what happened to Iraq--if Bush hadn't interfered, I would say Saddam Hussein was the only thing that kept Iraq from imploding. And Palestine and Israel should just go do their own thing cos Condoleezza Rice ain't helping. And everyone should just mind their own affairs. And as for human rights...well, let Tibet and Taiwan and everyone else sort out their own problems with China. Do you know how much better this world would run if everyone stopped interfering with other peoples affairs and just did their own thing?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
I choose you historical revisionism and baseless speculation!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Can someone please explain to me what the US correctional system has to do with offshore human rights abuses?

Anyone?

Is voting liberal 4 PM
HSC
ANd you wonder why the holocaust went unnoticed by the general populus! You sir are ignorant and should be subject to 'corrective schooling' ("modern history") or if that fails executed.

Dongle

HSC
China is in the right in tell Fuhrer Bush to fuck off.

Empty rhetoric doesn't work with cynical Chinese. Especially when it's mired in hypocrisy and self-righteousness (and don't harp on about if the USA's bad image in China is justified; it's just the reality).

Non-interference in internal affairs - best foreign policy that existed ever.

Even if you do interfere in another countries' affairs, it's usually with just grandiose words or some screwed up, short-sighted military and economic strategies. Only justifiable reason for interference is another country if events there significantly affect the national interest in a way that can't be resolved indirectly. Otherwise, live, and let live.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Tibetans live Dorje Shugden!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
China to world: Go awaaaaaaaaaaay! We are big and have millions of people to kill what are you? You are an ant. You can't kill many people because they'll get angry! We have proportions allowing us to get away with it. So stop trying to ruining our fun because you're jealous. :( :( :(

Aryanbeauty

HSC
America, as the one and only superpower and the world's richest country with a GDP of $ 14 trillion, with its military capability spanning all corners of the globe and its mighty economy without which the world can't function, has every right to interfere in chinese internal affairs or any other country for that matter.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
America, as the one and only superpower and the world's richest country with a GDP of $ 14 trillion, with its military capability spanning all corners of the globe and its mighty economy without which the world can't function, has every right to interfere in chinese internal affairs or any other country for that matter.
Somebody tell me who's troll this is. I can't figure it out yet and I refuse to accept somebody is both that conservative and that stupid (even though, I've met such people in real life, it's too depressing to contemplate).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Slidey said:
Somebody tell me who's troll this is. I can't figure it out yet and I refuse to accept somebody is both that conservative and that stupid (even though, I've met such people in real life, it's too depressing to contemplate).
+1

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Slidey said:
It is I.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)