Choosing Subjects/Units Help (1 Viewer)

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
hi everyone,

i'l b doing a B arts at Macq this year and intend to transfer into B commerce after the first semester. Terms are that i complete atleast 12 cp and maintain a gpa of 2.

i need help picking subjects/units. i would like to do commerce subjects/units for the first semester of the B arts so i dont "waste" my time doing something irrelevant, and so i wont be "behind" once i start the actual b comm, but also something that is realistic for me to maintain a gpa of 2 in, as i have no clue about the difficulty of anything.

if there is room left in for other "irrelevant" subjects/units the i am more than open to undertaking something of my liking, just aslong as im not wasting my time filling it with all irrelevant subjects.

any help would be appreciated.

jellybelly08

HSC
the usual BCom 1st sem units are ECON110, ACST101, STAT170 and possibly ACCG100.

To gauge the difficulty of these subjects i'd suggest doing a search on these forums and see what other people thought of them. IMO a GPA of 2 (pass average) is easily attainable with these units as long as you are motivated to keep up with the work.

Most importantly though, go talk to an academic advisor just to double check that you are able to do these units and will be able to transfer later on.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
thanks, now i need need to know is if i can do these through B arts...

hmmmm...anybody?

kevinant

HSC
the usual BCom 1st sem units are ECON110, ACST101, STAT170 and possibly ACCG100.

To gauge the difficulty of these subjects i'd suggest doing a search on these forums and see what other people thought of them. IMO a GPA of 2 (pass average) is easily attainable with these units as long as you are motivated to keep up with the work.

Most importantly though, go talk to an academic advisor just to double check that you are able to do these units and will be able to transfer later on.
All of these subjects are extremely easy and you should be able to get a D or HD.. but I'm not sure if you can do it through Barts, consult enrolment/CSS

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
All of these subjects are extremely easy and you should be able to get a D or HD.. but I'm not sure if you can do it through Barts, consult enrolment/CSS
extremely easy you say? lol, i hope so.

i think most likely they are available through arts, as Economics+Marketing, Economics, and Business Law+Economics are all available as majors, but ill have to clarify it incase.

if i got a higher gpa enabling me to transfer into something else....what are your ideas? Trasnferring into B comm or perhaps a Double Degree, just want to know how its perceived here and in the job market...?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
also consider ISYS/COMP123...easy subject which may bolster your GPA...but yeah see if you can get ACCG100 so you can streamline into the comm degree.

but i dont think you'll be able to enroll into that. you may have to do accg105 then accg101 in summer school if you want to catch up or alternatively fill your time with work/electives/easy subject load and spend time at the bar.

basicaly decide on what you wnt to get at the end...and then work backwards to satisfy the subject requirements of your desired degree(s)

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
hmmmm...now comes the time to decide

1. choose easy subjects mostly non-related to commerce, get a high gpa and then see what i can transfer into (maybe something other than commerce?)

2. choose commerce related subjects which i can do and try to "work backwards" etc etc

anyone been in this situation?

zeromq

HSC
N/A
Most commerce subjects are quite easy like ACST101, STAT170. Or you could choose some of those intro maths subjects

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
well work backwards would be the best option in my opniion....and pick easier subjects (and relevant ones - STAT170/ISYS123) if you can.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
ahk...thanks

yeah now just gotta figure out which ones i can do through arts..cos some of em have prereq. of B comm etc etc, or 12 cp so i can only do em in 2nd semester.

might just fillup my 1st semester timetable with as many commerce-related units as possible and the rest with things that i fancy :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)