Chose subjects i hate and am now failing everything (1 Viewer)

FreshPrincee

HSC
Mid way through year 11 and MY 2 units are :

PDHPE (2Unit)
Biology(2Unit)
Timber(2Unit)
Standard English (2Unit)
Maths Standard (2Unit)

I am currently getting results from 90 - 100% for maths averagely from my exams and its the only subject i like ( but its not even advanced whats the point...)

I am flunking english but i believe i can improve, and timber is alright.

PDHPE and Biology are the ones i have a problem with, i dont know what i want to do in the future but im going to make sure it wont involve biology (I Hate it , i want to die) Whilst PDHPE i can suck-up and try harder for the sake of my future.

I have no motivation and will most likely waste my life unless i can somehow not do biology.

Any suggestions?

Lumenoria

HSC
Omg what the fuck, our school requires a minimum of 12 units to proceed into year 11? I went through the same thought process as you in bio, I ended up getting 21% in my prelim yearly whilst getting 90+ in everything else. I was able to drop it tho. Talk to your school about it; perhaps you can pick up senior science or something later on in year 12. I feel for you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreshPrincee

HSC
Omg what the fuck, our school requires a minimum of 12 units to proceed into year 11?
Unlucky my man, Im going to talk to the school tomorrow and see if i can get out now or perhaps switch (doesnt seem likely tho)

Frostguard

HSC
Omg what the fuck, our school requires a minimum of 12 units to proceed into year 11? I went through the same thought process as you in bio, I ended up getting 21% in my prelim yearly whilst getting 90+ in everything else. I was able to drop it tho. Talk to your school about it; perhaps you can pick up senior science or something later on in year 12. I feel for you though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
isnt senior science gone???

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Mid way through year 11 and MY 2 units are :

PDHPE (2Unit)
Biology(2Unit)
Timber(2Unit)
Standard English (2Unit)
Maths Standard (2Unit)

I am currently getting results from 90 - 100% for maths averagely from my exams and its the only subject i like ( but its not even advanced whats the point...)

I am flunking english but i believe i can improve, and timber is alright.

PDHPE and Biology are the ones i have a problem with, i dont know what i want to do in the future but im going to make sure it wont involve biology (I Hate it , i want to die) Whilst PDHPE i can suck-up and try harder for the sake of my future.

I have no motivation and will most likely waste my life unless i can somehow not do biology.

Any suggestions?
Idk about you but I found year 12 bio sooooo interesting and loved learning about it and I hated year 11 bio, since yr 12 was more learning about humans which I could apply to everyday life. The fact you can apply it to everyday life made it soooooo easy to remember the content and it took SO MUCH less studying than physics to remember stuff.

However in year 12 you only need 10 units so you can probably drop it. It seems like PDHPE is similar to bio though just one is bones/muscles rather than how the body works in general.

Maybe ask the maths department to move to maths advanced and try catch up since you're doing really well unless it's too late, or just smash standard all good.

Robbie M

HSC
Don't worry too much about the scaling of standard maths, you can smash it in the HSC and get really good marks from it. ( it was my highest scaled mark in my HSC)
Personally I did PDHPE and Bio in yr 12 and ended up dropping BIO as it has much more content which is much more difficult than PDHPE whilst the scaling remains similar.
Unless there is another option like changing subjects (?), you've just got to suck it up although year 12 bio is a lot more interesting than year 11 bio.

Last edited:

gallen88

HSC
Yikes 10 units instead of 12 for Year 11?! : (

HOWEVER, THERE IS ALTERNATIVES - I think you can drop Biology and pick up Senior Science which (from what I have heard from my friends at school) it is a bit similar to Year 10 science (I may be incorrect as I have dropped science and haven't done the course, so I do apologise for offending anyone).

If you are not allowed, then maybe try to get a tutor or try to study with friends. I usually do this for subjects I struggle with and aren't super fond of. It has helped me improve my marks and rank for Year 12. Who knows, you may start to enjoy the content once you commence Year 12.

Maybe talk to your subjects coordinator, they can probably give you the best advice for this situation.

Also I think you are doing well with Maths, if you keep those marks up you can really ace the subject for the HSC. As long as you do well in the subject (band 6) you won't be horrendously affected by scaling (note: meaning you won't be scaled down to 30/100 just because you do General Maths). If you can move up, if you really want to, good for you and give it a go! : )

Goodluck!

FreshPrincee

HSC
I didn't even get notified of these replies but i got them now and thanks for all the advice guys, it will all help in whatever path i choose Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)